joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
march 5-7 potential heavy rain event

earthlight

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cf finally passed through CPK between 3 and 3:24am, with an 11 degree drop from 50 at 3am to 39 at 3:42am with wind shift to w or wnw.

How much rain did you get? Why is it when we have snow the storms seem to want to rush out of here, but when it rains it just keeps pouring ad infinitum lol.

Quite Frankly,

this flood talk is over the top.

To those who deal with flooding as a regular part of their lives it is a real concern. The area he/she lives in floods on a fairly regular basis. Oh, and by the way, there is currently moderate and major flooding on the rivers in and around his/her town.

noaa river observations

I am currently watching the water slowly climb toward my house and hoping it will crest before it gets much higher.... I am running out of yard left before it gets here.

Those of us who deal with it see the potential long before those who just don't care.

Check out this Storm Report:

PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NEW YORK NY

717 AM EST MON MAR 07 2011

..TIME... ...EVENT... ...CITY LOCATION... ...LAT.LON...

..DATE... ....MAG.... ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE....

..REMARKS..

0715 AM FLOOD OXFORD 41.42N 73.11W

03/07/2011 NEW HAVEN CT TRAINED SPOTTER

THREE VEHICLES AND TWO STRUCTURES FLOATING DOWN THE

HOUSATONIC RIVER.

http://www.whiteface...untain/cams.php

Nice snowstorm going on up there, and they still have a long way to go. I guess they end up with ~18"+(mid mountain-peak). It'll be fun to watch either way.

They currently have 18-24" and they still have around 3-5"+ coming this afternoon. When I made this call yesterday, the NWS was calling for 2-4" during the day and 3-7" at night. A few hours later, after the area had already received ~ 6", they upped it to 6-10" for the rest of the event. Not sure where the snow bullseye ended up, but I think it'll be pretty darn close to this area.....perhaps slightly north and east across Lake Champlain and into the Greens.

Check out the cam above and look at those winds howl...still really nasty up there.

Archived