amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
March 4-6 Potential Winter Storm part 2

Hoosier

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not that it can't happen this winter but it's gonna be tough to top the Groundhog storm from a regional perspective.

If it were though now would be the time to do it or say between now and early April. Just gotta get the right ingredients to come together.

I honestly still think the potential is there for something to exceed it and greatly so but whether it is realized or not is another thing.

Precip getting ready to move in from the SE, 37° F at the airport and 36.7° F on the met building and dropping as evaporational cooling starts. It'll start as rain, but will switch over late this evening to snow. Should be fun to watch the transition.

Looking at an about inch total.

Models have been waffling with the placement of the heaviest band, but we'll have to watch it. From a river standpoint, it also matters what falls upstream.

No doubt that eyes for the Wabash focus on what happens up north. Still, looks like we'll miss the brunt of this system locally. Far cry from what the models had for us 4 or so days ago.

No doubt that eyes for the Wabash focus on what happens up north. Still, looks like we'll miss the brunt of this system locally. Far cry from what the models had for us 4 or so days ago.

I haven't really used the HRRR for convective precip amounts so I'm not sure how it does, but it's picking up on some of the banding.

totp_sfc_f15.png

Archived