amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
March 4-6 Potential Winter Storm part 2

Hoosier

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly, I thought west/wet/warm was our biggest problem with the 2nd storm. DTX mentioned that in their AFD. NAM not having any of it yet.

the NAM is trying to reborn those crazy solutions we saw earlier in the week for us in the eastern lakes.....its this close.

this is what i was hoping for, though i never thought that trough would dig and tilt like that, this close in.....

lets hope some other guidance follows tonight.

the NAM is trying to reborn those crazy solutions we saw earlier in the week for us in the eastern lakes.....its this close.

this is what i was hoping for, though i never thought that trough would dig and tilt like that, this close in.....

lets hope some other guidance follows tonight.

RGEM at 48. Trough looks deeper and more phased than the NAM valid at the same time. Would probably spin up the 2nd system in that baginess in the TN valley, not sure where it would go though.

520_100.gif

hillarious that all this 'potential' looks to turn into nothing more than a strung out, fairly progressive cold frontal passage, Bowme turd style.

well i guess the euro looks to be very right, its been saying that for a couple days now.

need a miracle.

Yea and the lack of a respectable storm isnt supporting blocking or bringing down enough cold air south and east for the next storm to work with so its a double unfortunate event

Thought I'd make a quick post about the 00z runs. Here are the 500 mb maps for the GFS/NAM/GGEM/RGEM/UKMET valid 00z Sunday.

post-14-0-59603800-1299215065.jpg

There are some differences as you can see. The RGEM is the deepest with the trough and extrapolated would probably have a decent rain changing to snow event and farther west than the other 00z runs. The fate of this event rests on what happens around this timeframe so it would be wise to watch the trends with each wave closely. Relatively small changes could yield rather drastic shifts in this setup.

Thought I'd make a quick post about the 00z runs. Here are the 500 mb maps for the GFS/NAM/GGEM/RGEM/UKMET valid 00z Sunday.

post-14-0-59603800-1299215065.jpg

There are some differences as you can see. The RGEM is the deepest with the trough and extrapolated would probably have a decent rain changing to snow event and farther west than the other 00z runs. The fate of this event rests on what happens around this timeframe so it would be wise to watch the trends with each wave closely. Relatively small changes could yield rather drastic shifts in this setup.

Nice graphic. GFS has the shallowest trough and is the most progressive with the storm. The UKIE/GGEM/NAM have just enough separation in their troughs between those two s/ws to make it more of an Appalachians/interior NE event, but like you said it's very close. Even a little more digging on any of those solutions could pull the storm west.

mke office hoist a wsw in the morning? Kidding, pretty much.. nothing would surprise me with that office though :arrowhead:

This storm at least should give us SOMETHING, even if it's mostly rain. If it gives us a half inch of rain followed by 6 inches of snow, I will consider that a very successful March storm. The GFS verbatim gives us 6-8 inches, but I'd take even half that, given how bleak this thing looked a couple days ago.

This storm at least should give us SOMETHING, even if it's mostly rain. If it gives us a half inch of rain followed by 6 inches of snow, I will consider that a very successful March storm. The GFS verbatim gives us 6-8 inches, but I'd take even half that, given how bleak this thing looked a couple days ago.

Just a typical Goofus run tonight... Garbage in garbage out model like, ct blizz says. The thing should just be trashed and started over.

Archived