• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
March 4-6 Potential Winter Storm part 2

Hoosier

The Euro looks like the GFS in that regard. Usually hard to bet against that combo but it's hard to bet on any model in this complicated setup.

The only reason i wont go that far is because well when there is a nw trend to be had it will be the UK/GGEM to first sniff it out. Plus a number of recent events have been a bit farther nw then what the GFS/Euro had showed ( In this time range ) however the RGEM and whatever ended up a shade too far nw. So the safe bet is probably the middle of the road between the camps.

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

actually i take it back

the GFS has some support of the NAM, except the NAM is further north and west by about 50 miles with the wave train initially. that makes a lot of difference as the wave train makes further inroads N and delays the cold air coming in.

the euro/gem/ukie just have a warm wave train intiially that crosses the area.

the ukie and euro develop the secondary much later and along the coast after the wave train has passed east. the GEM doesnt develop a secondary low.

Nice summation of what's going on. Thanks.

I'm thinking 1 more model upheaval before a workable consensus develops.

I'd hope we have this mostly figured out by 12z tomorrow. Looking forward to the 18z ensembles...guaranteed I'll find at least one halfway decent solution for MBY.

18z NAM has about 1.5" of snow for LAF. Looks like it would be coming through during the night as well. :guitar:

I've kind of abandoned this storm after starting the original thread...well actually work has made my abandon weather for the time being...but let's lock that in and salvage something from this disastah. :lol:

I've kind of abandoned this storm after starting the original thread...well actually work has made my abandon weather for the time being...but let's lock that in and salvage something from this disastah. :lol:

Would put us awfully close to 50"...

Would you think, as I am looking also, that we'll get hit with 2+" rain and then be in for that snow E Ind and West Ohio?

Heavy rain still looks quite likely. The snow aspect is more tricky. It will depend on the strength/track of each wave. Right now it's pretty safe to say rain will change to snow but how much moisture is left is the question.

At 48, northern low has washed out. Left with a long, narrow 1016 trough extending from the GLs to the Gulf. H5 trough axis is still back at the MS river, so maybe we'll see some redevelopment in the OV.

This NAM run looks flat and junky unfortunately for the folks wanting snow. The southern stream was too slow and there was no favorable phase.

P010, P004 and P002 please!!!

As will I. Its going to be wet might as well go for the gold! I mentioned it in the Mar thread....In less than 3 weeks, weve seen a heavy 16" snowpack torched away, quickly replaced with a 10" snowstorm, a 4" snowstorm, a 1" rainstorm...and now more heavy rain and possibly heavy snow in the forecast. No worries of drought here :lol:

Archived