• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
March 4-6 Potential Winter Storm part 2

Hoosier

Yup. I'll be keeping an eye on the gulf coast later today to see where this baby pops. If I can keep it out of Georgia, good things will probably happen.

Hoping the best for you man. So due for a big event and here we have another one that's a razor to the weenie..Sucks the way its coming in for defor snow but I'd rather have a nice feed of precip coming in from the south delivering before worrying about the defor snow that seems to underperform in the MW most of the time anyways for most.

GL!

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SUN 06Z 06-MAR -0.9 1.1 1015 93 96 0.23 554 542

SUN 12Z 06-MAR -3.3 -2.0 1017 88 96 0.15 551 537

SUN 18Z 06-MAR -2.3 -3.3 1020 78 74 0.05 548 532

not much

Still good for a few inches and a step in the right direction. It's going to be a nowcast storm anyway.

What makes you say that?

Edit: looking at estimated radar totals to this point, looks like maybe close to a half inch around here so far. Radar doesn't always tell the story but the radar estimates were pretty good this morning.

0.70" at LAF. :whistle:

Although in my defense, before I switched the computer off last night, the radar looked like the bulk of the heaviest rains that were down around STL would miss us to the south...which they evidently did. Couple that with missing out on the early Friday rains and I just didn't see us getting 1"+ totals.

And currently... :unsure:

SPECI KLAF 051241Z 36012G16KT 2 1/2SM -SN BR OVC008 03/02 A2991 RMK AO2 RAB1158E10SNB10 CIG 004V012 P0002

It is just disgusting outside. I could not be HAPPIER that we didnt get 2" of rain (Im sure we still got 1", will measure when its done). What the excitement is of getting heavy rain on such saturated ground when you are sleeping and dont see it, I dont know. But I hate it lol. Snow depth is down to a trace, so for the moment we are sitting at 76 days of 1"+ snowcover this season. Yard has patches of snow left but mostly grass, tons of standing water on the grass as well. Lots of piles left, as I said yesterday the big piles in parking lots have so much water in them now I dont know when they will fully melt. Going to be a very VERY close call tonight but looks like I could get scraped with accumulating snow on the river.

It is just disgusting outside. I could not be HAPPIER that we didnt get 2" of rain (Im sure we still got 1", will measure when its done). What the excitement is of getting heavy rain on such saturated ground when you are sleeping and dont see it, I dont know. But I hate it lol. Snow depth is down to a trace, so for the moment we are sitting at 76 days of 1"+ snowcover this season. Yard has patches of snow left but mostly grass, tons of standing water on the grass as well. Lots of piles left, as I said yesterday the big piles in parking lots have so much water in them now I dont know when they will fully melt. Going to be a very VERY close call tonight but looks like I could get scraped with accumulating snow on the river.

Our snowpack barely budged last night. Probably because the temp stayed around 34F when it was raining then dropped to around 32F around 2AM and everything froze solid. Now, it's snowing at a decent clip. Probably about a half inch of new snow, this along with the trees being coated in ice from the freezing rain makes it look like winter.

Our snowpack barely budged last night. Probably because the temp stayed around 34F when it was raining then dropped to around 32F around 2AM and everything froze solid. Now, it's snowing at a decent clip. Probably about a half inch of new snow, this along with the trees being coated in ice from the freezing rain makes it look like winter.

Yeah Im jealous. How much snowpack you have left? We had that happen on Feb 27/28, heavy rain, snowpack barely budge with temps in the 30s...but this time weve had temps in the 40s for 24 hours.

Archived