12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
february 20-21st winter storm

earthlight

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wish we still had one forum for Philly-NYC - kills us Jersey folks who have to read/post in multiple threads, plus we "lost" the input of some really good folks who only post in the Philly threads now.

Anyway, part 1 certainly underperformed a bit, with me getting 1.25" in Metuchen vs. the 3-5" forecast. On the bright side, however, this snowfall pushes me over 60" for the season to 60.5", which is pretty damn sweet. After ending last year at 59" with no snow in March and then being stuck on ~59" this year for the past month (outside of a couple of 1/4" events), I was starting to worry we somehow wouldn't crack 60". Very nice. Tonight's not looking so good for us this far north, though.

Yeah, it is a freaking pain to toggle back and forth all the time. We only got 1.0" here despite the 3-5" forecast, so that's disappointing... we'll see about tonight but I'm not expecting much. Glad to see the event didn't bust elsewhere.

31 here still light snow, it's been lightly snowing here all day. If anything intensity picked up slightly in last hour

Is the radar picking it up? I bet youre getting that snow via onshore flow. I wonder if you ever get ocean effect snow out that way like Cape Cod does?

Is the radar picking it up? I bet youre getting that snow via onshore flow. I wonder if you ever get ocean effect snow out that way like Cape Cod does?

Radar wasn't really picking it up, since then it's slowed down considerably. Still a few flakes flying, but it's the closest its been to stopping all day. Ocean effect is very rare on LI, since that would mean a E or SE flow would be happening and usually it warms us up too quickly. Sound effect does happen from time to time though, but that's pretty rare too.

Yeah, it is a freaking pain to toggle back and forth all the time. We only got 1.0" here despite the 3-5" forecast, so that's disappointing... we'll see about tonight but I'm not expecting much. Glad to see the event didn't bust elsewhere.

I mentioned to earthlight last night that I didn't like how radar looked, with that dry slot pushing north. I feared a bust, and we never got back into the snow once the dry slot hit. We were just a hair too far south here in Middlesex county. 1 inch here as well. Too bad the 3 to 5 forecast busted here.

wow shocked to see the snow totals! only 2" at my house same in stratford and shelton.. can't believe greenwich got 7"

Its true, 3.7 here, grandmother in noroton heights had a shade over 4 and one of the properties i take care of in Greenwich had 6 and change, matches of with radar from last night very well. nw to se cutoff as models depicted.

It sounds like 2/10/10 when they stuck with 10.0 even though we had two more hours of moderate snow that night. Big discrepancy with EWR in that storm.

There was a massive difference in February 10, 2010 as Westfield NJ got 17.5" (I think John got 19.5" from that one) and yet NYC got 10"?

There was a massive difference in February 10, 2010 as Westfield NJ got 17.5" (I think John got 19.5" from that one) and yet NYC got 10"?

NYC should have had 40" that month and that storm was where they fell short. Of course if 2/6/10 had hit, we'd have had 1995-96 snowfall totals in just one month lol.

I measured 7.2" here in far eastern Morris County, right on the border of Upton/Mt. Holly CWA's. Looks like the heaviest band extended from northern Passaic County eastward into northern Bergan and then into CT. Busted high on my forecast for 3-5". :thumbsup:

Dont forget the 7.5" on Mt Zucker

Archived