• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
february 20-21st winter storm

earthlight

Looking at the other North Fork totals...he may have gotten it just right. One other thing...no matter what the setup....coastal Fairfield County will do better than coastal New London County 19 out of 20 times...beyond what's been discussed...I think the water makes the air just too stable out there...

Very true, much stronger marine influence out there with less elevation makes them hard pressed to beat us in any given storm.

SW CT> SE CT for snow

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't had time to check anything on line as I just got home from work, but on the drive home, both 1010WINS and WCBS-880 radio in NYC were talking about a coating even in the city and an inch or two south of the Outerbridge Crossing (connects southern SI to northern Middlesex County). Would be a nice surprise, as the NWS has zip north of about Belle Mead to Red Bank and has the 1" line from about Trenton to Belmar. Wondering what they see that the NWS doesn't.

they are covering their tracks in case it overperforms which is unlikely

Looking at the other North Fork totals...he may have gotten it just right. One other thing...no matter what the setup....coastal Fairfield County will do better than coastal New London County 19 out of 20 times...beyond what's been discussed...I think the water makes the air just too stable out there...

Precisely the reason why thundersnow and high convective snowfall rates are either rare or weaker around here (specifically SW Nassau)..... this should answer your question, Ace.

Looks like 2/6/10 all over again. :(

Nah, its ok-- last night's storm would have dumped at most 6" here, and we got ours the night before (which they didnt get.) Share and share alike, JM :)

BTW are you up to 60" seasonal total in Long Beach? You havent updated, so I'd assume so. That's where I'm at.

Very true, much stronger marine influence out there with less elevation makes them hard pressed to beat us in any given storm.

SW CT> SE CT for snow

On the other hand, I would take coastal New Haven county over coastal Fairfield county. Closer to bombing Miller B's. New Haven > Bridgeport.

Archived