Newest Member
    Toothache
Feb. 19th-21st Winter Storm Part 3

wisconsinwx

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply

try and figure out the date lol

draw a line from galesburg to bloominging and its goes west to east.....thats where the WF that was supposed to move north got hang up

April 10, 1997

An April winter storm in parts of central Illinois began during the morning hours on this date, and continued into the 11th. The heaviest snowfall was reported in an area from Galesburg to the north side of Peoria to north of Bloomington. Snowfall totals included 13.5 inches at Galesburg, 11.5 inches in Chillicothe, 11 inches in Minonk, and 6 inches at the Peoria airport. Snowfall quickly tapered off to the south, with little or no snowfall from Lincoln southward.

Sunday: Snow, possibly mixed with sleet before noon, then snow, possibly mixed with rain and sleet between noon and 5pm, then snow, possibly mixed with freezing rain and sleet after 5pm. The snow could be heavy at times. Some thunder is also possible. High near 34. Breezy, with a east wind between 8 and 17 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. New snow and sleet accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible

I believe the woman in your picture just read that forecast :P

It's amazing how difficult it is for us to see a big storm. And by big, I mean 6" or better. We could have the worst snowstorm climo of any locale north of 40n.

I agree. Let's hope the Euro is off-base with its QPF amounts for us, though it has support from the RGEM. BTW, a bit off-topic, tonight's Euro has another snow event for the 25th with 0.25" QPF (all snow).

draw a line from galesburg to bloominging and its goes west to east.....thats where the WF that was supposed to move north got hang up

April 10, 1997

An April winter storm in parts of central Illinois began during the morning hours on this date, and continued into the 11th. The heaviest snowfall was reported in an area from Galesburg to the north side of Peoria to north of Bloomington. Snowfall totals included 13.5 inches at Galesburg, 11.5 inches in Chillicothe, 11 inches in Minonk, and 6 inches at the Peoria airport. Snowfall quickly tapered off to the south, with little or no snowfall from Lincoln southward.

wow...a never ending E-W band

http://mesonet.agron...our=14&minute=0

GBG to BMI ftw lol

I agree. Lets' hope the Euro is off-base with its QPF amounts for us, though it has support from the RGEM. BTW, a bit off-topic, tonight's Euro has another snow event for the 25th with 0.25" QPF (all snow).

It's not. The trends have been that way with the GFS/NAM. Might be too low, but I'd say we're in store for 0.3-0.4" liquid, so maybe 3-5" of snow. No point in getting excited in any other potential down the road as that'll just end in disappointment as well.

Sounds lke SPC isn't all that far away from pulling the trigger on a slight risk for parts of Iowa and Missouri. It's a conditional setup, and we all know how fast that can change.

DEEP-LAYER SHEAR NEAR AND E OF SFC LOW OVER SRN IA AND NRN MO WILL

BE SUFFICIENT FOR CONDITIONAL SVR RISK...GIVEN SUFFICIENTLY DEEP

CONVECTION. ATTM...HOWEVER...POTENTIAL APPEARS TOO SMALL AND

UNCERTAIN FOR AOA 5% UNCONDITIONAL SVR PROBABILITIES.

Sounds lke SPC isn't all that far away from pulling the trigger on a slight risk for parts of Iowa and Missouri. It's a conditional setup, and we all know how fast that can change.

Interesting, the potential is there for a bit of sunshine too.

It's not. The trends have been that way with the GFS/NAM. Might be too low, but I'd say we're in store for 0.3-0.4" liquid, so maybe 3-5" of snow. No point in getting excited in any other potential down the road as that'll just end in disappointment as well.

Agree. It looks like I will stick with my prelim call of 4-6" for Toronto, though more likely closer to 4-5".

oh ya man, deep layer and low level shear are stupid good in the warm sector tomorrow afternoon, I wouldn't be shocked if there is a small slight risk contour in northern MO tomorrow.

if you can get it to 68/55 or something like that tomorrow in the warm sector..

oh ya man, deep layer and low level shear are stupid good in the warm sector tomorrow afternoon, I wouldn't be shocked if there is a small slight risk contour in northern MO tomorrow.

if you can get it to 68/55 or something like that tomorrow in the warm sector..

Let's go chasin'.:scooter:

It is in the exact same place. http://greatlakes.sa...mouth_page.html

Isn't anyone else getting this message though:

Page Not Found

The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please try the following:

• If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.
  • Click the Back button in your browser to try another link.
  • Use a search engine like Google to look for information on the Internet.

Isn't anyone else getting this message though:

Page Not Found

The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please try the following:

• If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.
  • Click the Back button in your browser to try another link.
  • Use a search engine like Google to look for information on the Internet.

I am not. I use chrome--not sure why it works on my end but not others.

Archived