• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
NNE Winter Snow Thread

dryslot

Reminds me of being a kid and following my dad and his friends around the mountain... oh the joy of even 4" of powder when you're just catching the "ski bug." You can't really see his eyes in that photo but I know they are wide as saucers.

It doesn't matter if you are on skis, snowboard, touring skis, snowmobile, inflatable tube, lunch tray, etc... there is something extremely intoxicating about moving through fresh powder.

Until I get stuck.

My kid's face glows on the slopes.

It's the greatest sensation a Daddy can have- sharing with his kids in bliss.

Vim Toot!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

from today VTT. got suckered pretty hard, blue skies at the start turned to greybird pretty fast. big fishing tourney up here this weekend

(pardon the size everyone, still working out some kinks)

My favorite lake in the state. I've been swimming there on 85F degree days in July and you would have sworn the glacier had just melted that morning. I have permission from my wife to get a divorce if a woman who owns a place on Willoughby ever takes a shine to me :pimp: ! Haven't contacted the movers yet. :lol:

10:30am 19.4F light snow with dim sunshine. 5.5" of new fluff. 11" the other day. Seems like deepest snow cover of the season on the ground right now. Looks like a mess tomorrow. I always seem to hold on to the cold air longer than the models forecast so maybe some substancial freezing rain as I struggle to get above freezing.

Interesting morning. Light snow falling all morning with the sun showing through the clouds most of the time. Not a lot of accumulation, 1.25" so far, visibility drops to 3/4m on occasion. Strange seeing so much sun showing through the clouds under continuous snowfall.

17.6°F

NNE 11.3 mph G 20 mph

Had the same thing going on here this morning. Only a dusting of snow but it's still spitting flakes with the sun shining brightly.

The mood light snows continue here, but aren't amounting to anything except a cool afternoon. 21.0F.

Just took my 2nd 6hr core...

12am-6am: 2.1" snow with 0.16" w.e.

6am-12pm: 2.6" snow with 0.15" w.e.

Simple math says the total is 4.7" of new snow from 0.31" of liquid. Maybe we'll squeak out another tenth or so.

Yes, My point and click has a high of 34F tomorrow which was 38 yesterday, Seems to be trending colder and the 18z nam actually was further south

18Z NAM looks like we get a front end dump of 3-6 inches, but that also depends on when sleet mixes in. I think tomorrow morning will be very interesting..It also shows it not really stopping snow at all from now till tomorrow, albeit very light.

The 12z EC barely pushes the 0C 850 line north of me during tomorrow's event. The 18z NAM is similar, but unfortunately 800mb goes to hell pretty quickly. Unless mid-level centers trend more SE I don't think we get much front end snow tomorrow...maybe nothing measurable at all. The NAM and EC both take the sfc reflection around the NH/MA border now so that will help lock in the low level cold. I'm hoping we stay 32F or lower for the duration of the precip. It's possible that happens with a little bit of elevation in the foothills.

The 12z EC barely pushes the 0C 850 line north of me during tomorrow's event. The 18z NAM is similar, but unfortunately 800mb goes to hell pretty quickly. Unless mid-level centers trend more SE I don't think we get much front end snow tomorrow...maybe nothing measurable at all. The NAM and EC both take the sfc reflection around the NH/MA border now so that will help lock in the low level cold. I'm hoping we stay 32F or lower for the duration of the precip. It's possible that happens with a little bit of elevation in the foothills.

Sounds like a decent amount of ice in the offing. Work commute should be a joy.:arrowhead:

Interesting weather day coming up tomorrow. A few days ago we were looking at a lake cutter. Now with the low tracking much more SE it sure looks like the cold air at the surface will be locked in here in the N Lakes Region of NH. Will be curious to see how much snow in the front end but I am more concerned if we go to freezing rain. The evergreens have quite a bit of snow on them so if we switch over to freezing rain things could get interesting. I would guess a branch that has 4" of snow on it already will collect the weight of freezing rain much faster than a branch without snow. Im sitting at 20F and temps should hold steady overnight so we have a ways to go to get to 32F tomorrow. Don't think we will make it. We have had 17" of snow the past couple of days and another 1" of QPF is going to start putting some good weight back on roofs.

Good winter, but in the real big ones the snow completely covers the road closure gate on RT 108 at the ski resort... but you've gotta get up into the 40s for snow depth here at 1,500ft to accomplish that. This area is Barnes Camp.

A little over 2" of new snow fell from this clipper here at the 1,500ft elevation at Barnes Camp.

IMG_3465_edited-1.jpg

Archived