amirah5
GL/MW/OV December 2010 disco thread

snowstormcanuck

• Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol...this guy's something.

It does not surprise me at all.

This is a real slap in the face of the Mets in this region, hell its a slap in the face of any devoted poster in this region.

Hopefully they remember who it is saying it. The same weenie met who last week proclaimed the NAM was right and the storm would track to Northern Michigan. :lol:

Snowstormcanuk, you would not believe how much snow is on the ground in the London area. You could only see the tops of fences and roofs on the eastern side of London. Snow on the roofs of houses had to of been over 3 feet high. It's almost biblical.

Also, moving west of Strathroy right now parallel to the 402 on the way to Sarnia, once again, unfathomable amounts of snow all over!

:snowman:

Maybe just me but I don't really care what people say in the other forums. I'm not gonna actively seek it out. I'm sure canuck was looking for weather posts and just happened to come across that. That's fine...I don't think a continual play by play of such things would be particularly useful though...

Snowstormcanuk, you would not believe how much snow is on the ground in the London area. You could only see the tops of fences and roofs on the eastern side of London. Snow on the roofs of houses had to of been over 3 feet high. It's almost biblical.

Also, moving west of Strathroy right now parallel to the 402 on the way to Sarnia, once again, unfathomable amounts of snow all over!

Yeah I was watching some of the aerial shots of the 402 with the vehicles stuck, and the snow amounts there were just unbelievable.

Wow guys take this in context and read the actual thread dsicussion.... CTBlizz was joking about how weenie we all are sitting there waiting for the EURO for their potential Noreaster. I, as everyone else did, found his comment regarding "banging the Euro" quite funny.

Well, I posted CTBlizz's post to ensure everybody read your comments in the correct context. You expressly said the posters in the western/central forum don't admit they're weenies. I don't know exactly what you were implying by that statement, but it, along with the other comment you made (see a few posts back), at least superficially come across as kind of insulting.

You're a knowledgeable met and we need more of you, but it would be nice if the respect I (and most others here) show you would be reciprocated.

Maybe just me but I don't really care what people say in the other forums. I'm not gonna actively seek it out. I'm sure canuck was looking for weather posts and just happened to come across that. That's fine...I don't think a continual play by play of such things would be particularly useful though...

Yeah, like I said, the mets in that thread are great. Usually some nice discussion about the LR pattern that applies here as well. I'm not actively looking for dirt on barcolinic_instability. :lol:

baroclinic_instability does a nice job of cutting us down in the NE subforum.

Yeah, the discussion produced by CT_Blizz and Weatherwiz is great. They're budding meteorology phenoms. :lol:

To clear a few things up here, nobody is not worthy or less worthy, I find the way things are discussed over there more to my liking. I think I will be heading to the threads over here more often. No offense to my central/western forum (they are quite good overall), but we don't get into much discussion beyond "this model has this, this model has that, therefore my forecast is this" with no discussion on why or what is actually happening.

Is this not true? Also, did I call anyone out or put anyone down? Folks over here like to discuss things a certain way and I have no problem with that. Note I take the time to give credit to our region over here. I enjoy both forums and discussing things with everyone. I know Harry will gladly disagree, but that is ok.

To clear a few things up here, nobody is not worthy or less worthy, I find the way things are discussed over there more to my liking. I think I will be heading to the threads over here more often. No offense to my central/western forum (they are quite good overall), but we don't get into much discussion beyond "this model has this, this model has that, therefore my forecast is this" with no discussion on why or what is actually happening.

Is this not true? Also, did I call anyone out or put anyone down? Folks over here like to discuss things a certain way and I have no problem with that. Note I take the time to give credit to our region over here. I enjoy both forums and discussing things with everyone. I know Harry will gladly disagree, but that is ok.

SNE is fortunate to have the mets that they do. Although there are quite a few mets at this board, you have to realize that this is still a majority hobbyist community and many people won't be able to discuss things on your level. More met input is always welcomed... I realize things can get a bit out of hand as far as weenies and that is always a concern of ours, but at the same time, we don't want to set the standards unreasonably high.

Perhaps if you did not act like a jackass know it all that would not be a problem here? There was very few problems in this forum BEFORE you showed up here and back on eastern so what does that say? Nobody has EVER had a issue with any of the other mets who post in here as well. FYI all will tell you i don't mind discussing other stuff such as seasonal stuff etc but that is with REASONABLE people and sorry but you don't come across as such. All can vouch for me for my past efforts on this and eastern with seasonal outlooks etc and or stuff outside of what you are complaining about. Sorry but you have not given me a reason to wanna have any other discussion with you on here. Now i am not saying you don't contribute anything either because you do. It would be foolish of me to state otherwise. Many of us have been doing this a very long time. Respect that and you will get the respect back and probably much better discussions as well here.

Perhaps if you did not act like a jackass know it all that would not be a problem here? There was very few problems in this forum BEFORE you showed up here and back on eastern so what does that say? Nobody has EVER had a issue with any of the other mets who post in here as well. FYI all will tell you i don't mind discussing other stuff such as seasonal stuff etc but that is with REASONABLE people and sorry but you don't come across as such. All can vouch for me for my past efforts on this and eastern with seasonal outlooks etc and or stuff outside of what you are complaining about. Sorry but you have not given me a reason to wanna have any other discussion with you on here. Now i am not saying you don't contribute anything either because you do. It would be foolish of me to state otherwise. Many of us have been doing this a very long time. Respect that and you will get the respect back and probably much better discussions as well here.

I think you need to chill out a little bud.

SNE is fortunate to have the mets that they do. Although there are quite a few mets at this board, you have to realize that this is still a majority hobbyist community and many people won't be able to discuss things on your level. More met input is always welcomed... I realize things can get a bit out of hand as far as weenies and that is always a concern of ours, but at the same time, we don't want to set the standards unreasonably high.

I don't know it all and I am barely smart enough to know that. I try to offer both analysis and feedback to questions if anyone has one and don't consider anyone dumb if they ask. Friv is a good example and I enjoy talking and/or helping others as much as I do taking feedback. I find CSNAVY's long term discussions fascinating and quickly gave him good comments in his long range pinned thread and will fully admit he is lightyears ahead of my knowledge in that field. I am not a know it all jackass as Harry likes to suggest. Some good folks over here just need to calm down before overreacting.

White Christmas?

post-2790-0-46770600-1292447743.gif

GFS brings this over NE IL/SE WI/NW IN over the 23rd and the 24th. Plenty of cold air to work with between the 850 temps and the surface temps as well.

Of course this is 9 days out, practically in fantasy land, and it's going to change... but there it is. Depending on ratios, this could be a 2-4" maybe?

Excellent point, the discussion on here is such that we don't want to be over the heads of anyone, or at least try not to be, because that just causes confusion. Nothing is worse than someone talking above someone and then expecting them to understand.

Excellent point, the discussion on here is such that we don't want to be over the heads of anyone, or at least try not to be, because that just causes confusion. Nothing is worse than someone talking above someone and then expecting them to understand.

That is one of the main reasons i have avoided such stuff. It is cool that he wishes to do that and get very technical and all. Guess i just don't have the patience. I am all about the meat and potatoes and thus the basics. Much easier on me and everyone else. :lol:

White Christmas?

post-2790-0-46770600-1292447743.gif

GFS brings this over NE IL/SE WI/NW IN over the 23rd and the 24th. Plenty of cold air to work with between the 850 temps and the surface temps as well.

Of course this is 9 days out, practically in fantasy land, and it's going to change... but there it is. Depending on ratios, this could be a 2-4" maybe?

Yes please. Lock it in.

Wow, if you could take pics, that'd be awesome. The closest I've ever been to a scene like that was Jan 1999, and even then there was probably only half the amount of snow on the ground compared to down there now.

Tonight's GFS has further amped up the Monday/Tuesday system and drops a wide swath of pretty good snow.

yup, now that the gfs is throwing the first storm ots and abandoning the tease of cranking it along the coast, the next wave has room for mischief. It'll be intesting to see if other models have this. The ggem was very bullish on it a couple runs ago but then weakened in later runs.

yup, now that the gfs is throwing the first storm ots and abandoning the tease of cranking it along the coast, the next wave has room for mischief. It'll be intesting to see if other models have this. The ggem was very bullish on it a couple runs ago but then weakened in later runs.

GGEM has it too and it also looks decent. One big difference is the retrograding upper low across Canada as the GFS has a better phase and an even more impressive system. GGEM doesn't phase and takes that upper low well N of Alberta. Good potential still though.

Wow, if you could take pics, that'd be awesome. The closest I've ever been to a scene like that was Jan 1999, and even then there was probably only half the amount of snow on the ground compared to down there now.

I won't be able to take any pictures when I pass through London again. It'll be night-time by then :thumbsdown:

Sorry

And yeah, I've only seen snow like it in pictures from places like NFLD, QC, Oswego NY, etc. I've seen massive drifts before and huge snow piles, but nothing like compacted 5-6 ft deep snow in an open field!

Archived