Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
GL/MW/OV December 2010 disco thread

snowstormcanuck

• Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, la nada on the GFS through 16 days. How depressing. When I thought of how this Nina might backfire, I was thinking of a dominant GOA low/raging Pacific jet and general torch from coast to coast. Didn't even consider that the Atlantic would completely overwhelm any -ENSO benefits and basically re-establish the pattern we had last winter.

Wow, la nada on the GFS through 16 days. How depressing. When I thought of how this Nina might backfire, I was thinking of a dominant GOA low/raging Pacific jet and general torch from coast to coast. Didn't even consider that the Atlantic would completely overwhelm any -ENSO benefits and basically re-establish the pattern we had last winter.

Check out the December temp anomalies so far...very reminiscent of the layout of last winter with the coldest anomalies in the northern Plains southeastward.

Edit: I see they were posted a few posts up.

:( I feel bad for you man.

Of course one man's misery is another's delight with this pattern, as LAF can "score" 2-5" events occasionally.

Dropped to -1 this morning, and only made it back to 12 today, even with full sun. NWS point forecast drops us to -9 tonight. Already sitting at 4, so that sounds doable. Our nearly 1" of windblown powder from the "blizzard" brought our snow depth back up to about 4". The bottom 3" is so dense and glacier-like it will probably be around till March.

All this air is heading towards Badgerball's hometown:

Coconut palms aren't going to like that.

We hit 7F or 8F today... Wasn't all that bad out there. Temp is going to plummet here in another few hours.

It certainly doesn't look good down there, tonight could be enough to ruin citrus crops from the looks of it.

4 °F now in Madison, should easily be the first sub-zero night of the year with clear skies, a thick snowpack, and calm winds. Walking home from the lab 6 hours from now or so will be terrible.

Archived