northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Feb 7/8 Mostly "Meh" snow obs/disco

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

snowing moderately now .....everything including roads now covered. last i looked 40 min ago everything was wet. it's actually rippin decently outside. radar looks like 25-30dbz overhead

would love to take the drive from raynham/taunton mass right now up to N. easton borderland state park 250' or so ....35dbz there prolly dumping.

wx bug atop the middle school is 33.2, while I'm at 34.2...every little bit of elevation helps. lol

The heavier precip down here has dropped me from 38 down to 34 and from a ra/sn mix over to all snow which is just kinda slushing up windshields but mostly melting. I'd think that if you get into a decent burst of snow you'd drop down close to 32. crossing my fingers for you and me. Hope we don't get stuck at 33 but I didn't expect to get down to 34 this fast in the city.

What if...if this WAS our thaw........

that would be fooking fantastic but i fear we will have one strong storm pass well to our NW in the time period Will allotted.....hopefully the PV holds on strong, its pretty damn impressive the next little while at least.

just confirmed with a friend in ottawa.....after a sloppy few days, its blowing powder snow there with a strong north wind, falling temps....one look out the window and ideas of a thaw are put to rest. back to reality she said :lol:

hey everyone... back after a few hours away... this looks like an interesting night... at least for the boston metro to pull off a white inch

Brookline, MA

35F

Snizzle (looks like light rain but on a car windshield can make out melting crystals)

I expect a drop to 32-33 with heavier precipitation

The heavier precip down here has dropped me from 38 down to 34 and from a ra/sn mix over to all snow which is just kinda slushing up windshields but mostly melting. I'd think that if you get into a decent burst of snow you'd drop down close to 32. crossing my fingers for you and me. Hope we don't get stuck at 33 but I didn't expect to get down to 34 this fast in the city.

No windshield accumulation yet here... I suspect I am slightly northwest of you?

Wow...big change in the past half hour....driveway and cars are now coated...glad this is taking place at night because that may be the diff betwn adhering to road surfaces or not.

I'd like to make them have to plow so that it could replensih the snow banks a bit.

:weenie:

33.6\30

Vis lowering.

Not surprisingly you switched before us in Boston metro... still can't see the precipitation unless under a windshield... mix of rain and melted crystals

This BL difference of 2 degrees will buy you an extra inch.

No windshield accumulation yet here... I suspect I am slightly northwest of you?

Yea you are probably about 2 or 3 miles nw and usually it's colder in brookline, definitely a ways to go before it actually amounts to anything here but I'm hopeful that we cool off just a bit more and wake up to a winter wonderland with snow stuck to everything. Either that or we wake up and it's 33 haha, I could easily see either option play out. I'm off to bed.

Wow...big change in the past half hour....driveway and cars are now coated...glad this is taking place at night because that may be the diff betwn adhering to road surfaces or not.

I'd like to make them have to plow so that it could replensih the snow banks a bit.

:weenie:

33.6\30

Vis lowering.

Here's to 4.1

Archived