Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Just stunning that we keep seeing this

Ji

what i have found out these past few years is that climo is a b****

in 2007-2008, i recieved a whopping double my annual snowfall

at the start of the 2008-2009, it was still snowing at the same pace and the good times were rolling on and would last forever.

then all of a sudden in janaury 2009, it all came crashing down.it stopped snowing. i ended the year 1/2 of my normal snowfall.

going into this year, i knew it was going to be good because 2008-09 was so poor overall.

in fact, no. this year will once again be 1/2 of normal, if that.

Double + half + half = 3 in 3 yrs.

Sounds like 8 out of 10 winters in our area. Always a good choice.

basically we have 8 crappy winters in row followed by a blockbuster. KA is going to bust again this winter. Whats that 5 years in a row now? Howie will end up giving him a B+ though

In all the years that I've gone back and researched, I cannot find anything to match the severity of what's coming next week. It will be the week of all winter weeks. Will be like surviving a nuclear war and coming out of the bunker afterwards to find devastation. Severe cold and a superstorm ...that is perhaps unequaled in winter weather history.

:facepalm:

post-4-0-38804500-1297052998.gif

to be fair to jb the cold and storm just didnt cooperate right

There's the correct interpretation. To paraphrase, the ingredients were there, they just didn't mix right. JB over-hyped the hell out of this storm, but it wasn't devoid of evidence and reasoning. You just have to know how to ignore the headline and read the content.

JB was hyping off of the GFS 18z run from a few days ago that had negative 24°C anomalies planted in the Ohio River Valley. That was JB's problem.

i was actually just giving his normal excuse for something like this... ;)

JB was hyping off of the GFS 18z run from a few days ago that had negative 24°C anomalies planted in the Ohio River Valley. That was JB's problem.

right, and if you are going to do that and fail miserably with a forecast that is no where near what ultimately occurs, you look idiotic because everyone, met or weenie, knows that the GFS is prone to outrageous runs and you can't "seriously" give a prediction off of them

to place his idiotic forecast in concrete, not only was his forecast of a mega storm wrong, his forecast of mega cold looks to fail as well

had he not used all his usual superlatives, I wouldn't be on him like this, but that's his fault not mine

i was actually just giving his normal excuse for something like this... ;)

And yet it has its truths.

Side note: Has anyone else noticed that the only people who start threads about JB/DT/etc. are the non-mets (except for Analog96, who is WOTY and if you told me he wasn't a red tagger I'd believe you).

And yet it has its truths.

Side note: Has anyone else noticed that the only people who start threads about JB/DT/etc. are the non-mets (except for Analog96, who is WOTY and if you told me he wasn't a red tagger I'd believe you).

it did. i think jb knows what he is doing. his followers apparently dont care if they dont get the big storm he predicts every week.

Archived