mowsee447
    Newest Member
    mowsee447
GFS Fantasy storm a plenty

wxbrad

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 12Z Euro says storm cancel. The beautiful 0Z Euro modeled ATL-AHN and nearby areas' historic snow doesn't exist on this run because the northern jet/cold and dry air is much too dominant. So, storm cancel for ATL-AHN, etc.. Messengers shouldn't be shot..not good for their health! NEXT run!

yeah, the northeast vortex gets so strong , not to mention the Gulf of Alaska low helps pump up a big PNA ridge, which dumps the motherlode of cold air and strong high pressure south and east. Squashes everything coming east. The high center settles into Texas, not good for a southern overrunning or gulf low.

You are speaking my langauge Burger!

Yea as Cheez and GaWx pointed out though it's sending our moisture to Cuba.

The 12Z Euro says storm cancel. The beautiful 0Z Euro modeled ATL-AHN and nearby areas' historic snow doesn't exist on this run because the northern jet/cold and dry air is much too dominant. So, storm cancel for ATL-AHN, etc.. Messengers shouldn't be shot..not good for their health! NEXT run!

lol I'll put down my gun.

Hate to break it to you, but the 12Z Euro is totally different with nothing but cold and dry, the SW system is suppressed completely. Looks like the GFS.

Yep the Dr. is in!

Noted that also, and it has support, 12z GFS ens mean has 850's in the -9 range for most of NC next Tuesday and H5 <540dm...

Yea it's sending freezing temps all the way to the panhandle of Florida at 12z on Tuesday. Looks almost exactly like the first week of Jan. of last year IRC.

NOGAPS phases that southern stream energy and sends an apps runner with rain for everybody. We've still got a long way to go with this one...

Normally, rain becomes evil as we get further into met. winter. However, because we're only just approaching early Dec. and due to the drought areas, rain is still good.

12Z Ukie still on track, maybe this Euro run is a hiccup. Will post what the Euro ensembles say in a bit.

over the past couple days its seems like the 12z euro has consistently been more on the drier side while the last 2 00z runs have showed near historic storms. so tonights 00z will be interesting.

Normally, rain becomes evil as we get further into met. winter. However, because we're only just approaching early Dec. and due to the drought areas, rain is still good.

Rain will not become anything evil this winter for me....I will welcome every 33 and rain I can get :wub:

Almost had a coronary at this. Thank God you clarified it at the end.:unsure:

:lmao: :lmao: :hug::lol:

12Z Ukie still on track, maybe this Euro run is a hiccup. Will post what the Euro ensembles say in a bit.

Simple majority of the 12z GFS members on Allan's site show a southern slider between 156 and 192, lots of spread though in both timing and level of suppression, and I would expect a good deal of spread in the EC ens as well. Some don't even close of a low till it is off the SE coast, while a couple others ride the southern wave across Gulf and develop it there. Nothing special on any of the panels, but all is certainly not lost at this point, and perturbations are par for the course.

yeah, the northeast vortex gets so strong , not to mention the Gulf of Alaska low helps pump up a big PNA ridge, which dumps the motherlode of cold air and strong high pressure south and east. Squashes everything coming east. The high center settles into Texas, not good for a southern overrunning or gulf low.

I've been alluding to this scenerio. I afraid it will be the tale of winter 10/11. Suppression equals depression. Gonna unfold alot like a few years ago. Expecting southern and eastern areas to cash in once or twice while we sit on the sidelines with our tongues hanging out.

I've been alluding to this scenerio. I afraid it will be the tale of winter 10/11. Suppression equals depression. Gonna unfold alot like a few years ago. Expecting southern and eastern areas to cash in once or twice while we sit on the sidelines with our tongues hanging out.

Ugh....you're probably right, the cliff will always be there for us to jump off of this winter. It did this for the MA folks last winter though. Kept looking to far south then at the last minute it was jackpot time. I know it's a totally different setup and all but my weenie heart wants to believe. Oh and for those who will point out the systems that got smashed last year because of the dominant cold my weenie eyes are also blind to that.

JB thinks the storm will show back up on models...

WHERE IS THE STORM?

It's nowhere to be seen on the models, just cold, cold and more cold on the 12z run. I expect with time, it will show back up again as the model gets a handle on the short wave coming through the Rockies ridge this weekend.

It would not suprise me if by the weekend some us will be saying thats enough with the northward trend.. :axe:

JMA is south as well with -5 850's for our area. It would probably be snow for southern parts of Ga.

Not only that, but it also would imply a very close call to an accumulating snow in parts of the FL Panhandle as well as the Gulf coast of AL/MS! This very far south track is, of course, very rare. So, this model run is very much a FWIW, especially since we're talking about the JMA and it is 7-8 days out. I'm not for one minute buying this but rather treating it as entertainment and is just another reminder to watch out for the possibility of wintry precip, possibly major,. during 12/7-8 in parts of the SE US.

Archived