• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
GFS Fantasy storm a plenty

wxbrad

The GFS is always full of winter weather fantasy but at least I'm starting to like the pattern into early December. Especially with the NAO tanking hard over the next 14 days, the snow pack building up early over the northern plains and southern Canada. The day 14 guidance is an ideal set-up for winter weather in the Southeast, but highly unlikely to happen.

post-1848-0-04060000-1290576564.gif

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll forget all abot Eric Thomas, Matt East and my magic 8 ball if you can make it happen :).

(hope matt's not paying attention...lol)

LOL, GFS is great for dreaming but the pattern is pretty nice for early December we can certainly hope, especally for us skiers. :-)

I'll forget all abot Eric Thomas, Matt East and my magic 8 ball if you can make it happen :).

Yeah no kidding! We've got to pull over at least one good storm this winter.

Speaking of Eric Thomas, once he's signed up here, we should let him know about the WWBB throwback skin. LOL

Hey now!! I am not sure if I should be offended by you offering to forget me or by me being lumped in with the magic 8 ball.....lmaosmiley.gif

Will be interesting to watch. I agree there is definitely lots of potential there in early December......

LOL, GFS is great for dreaming but the pattern is pretty nice for early December we can certainly hope, especally for us skiers. :-)

Don't piss off the mets QC. They control the weather :)

Just think it is freaking great that we have some on air folks posting here...at Americanwx!!

Thanks folks..

Now, back to staining the porch!!!

Since I've been working in Georgia the past month I have been HOPING for a cold snap! Hasn't quite happened to what I was expecting though... (I grew up in West Central Florida)... This beginning of December storm looks promising though!

Were you still living in Florida before you came here? Even down in C GA you'll probably have a good cold snap or two with temps down to the teens, even in this crappy Nina winter.

you said that right. I know most on here want some snow or ice, but I'd be happy with a lot of rain this Winter. With my luck, I'll probably get an inch of snow before an inch of rain.

When the CAD is in full sway do you get good rains? What has it taken for you to get rain, like in the "good old days" when the lakes were full. Tony

When the CAD is in full sway do you get good rains? What has it taken for you to get rain, like in the "good old days" when the lakes were full. Tony

An El Nino year is usually normal or slightly above normal here. I do okay in CAD's rains, usually sometimes not, thanks to GA convection robbery lately. But we used to do just fine, regardless of enso. The Summers are whats driving down rain totals here now, regardless of enso. Until the combo of higher than normal heights and surface nw flow ends, it will continue. Not sure why the winds are now nw across the Apps most of the Summer, but it didn't used to be until around 1999, and now almost every Summer they are, and that made the world of difference locally. Maybe that flow will revert back to normal sw flow starting next Summer, I have no idea.

Archived