• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
GFS Fantasy storm a plenty

wxbrad

Agreed. The GFS still suppresses the storm well to our south with the 06z so it will still be cold & dry, with no wintry wx. There is obvious flip flop between the euro and canadian, so I think the GFS surprisingly is the best model to look at (today) as far as next weeks system...trying not to wishcast here, but I think we'll see a northern trend of the system, I just don't think this system will be that suppressed as the GFS is indicating...We'll have the moisture in the SE, just when and where is up in the air I'm sure until late this weekend.

Eager to see what the models show within the next few days, and how the correlate with one another.

BTW: I'm confused...This + December thread is like two different threads for the threat next week. We need one central threat to post in.

I agree with this!

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The new (12Z) CMC has a Miller A in the N GOM ~100 miles south of the MS/AL border on day 7 (12Z Wed. 12/8). The 0Z Wed CMC had nothing in the GOM then. This is back to the 12/7-8 Miller A big SE winter storm timing of those recent Euro runs. Interesting for sure.

Note that the 12Z CMC is now issued through day 7.

It is interesting, but I just want to point out (just so some don't get their pants in a wad) that the present CMC solution is still suppressed-with little to no sensible weather associated with it across the deep south, except the immediate Gulf coastal regions.

It is interesting, but I just want to point out (just so some don't get their pants in a wad) that the present CMC solution is still suppressed-with little to no sensible weather associated with it across the deep south, except the immediate Gulf coastal regions.

Yes, it moves in the very unusual ESE direction from the NW GOM to ~150 miles W of Sarasota, FL. Little or no snow is produced by it (850's just above 0C), but perhaps some IP would be along/near the Gulf coast from MS to FL and into far south GA/NE FL if this were to verify. Regardless of the details, the idea that it is just showing up vs. not being there at all on the 0Z is what is most interesting to me.

No storm on the new Euro (except a very weak positive tilt Gulf short wave), just cold cold cold- the NC mountains look to do very well though with a ton of NW flow upslope. May take a road trip up to the mountains the weekend...

the irony of many of us worrying whether we'd ever get any cold temps in here this winter and now the cold is strong enough for suppression city, in early dec. no less :lol:

GaWx - nice to see at least some of the models with a hint of something. hey, we take what we can get :weight_lift: (referring to your post about 1, i am conveniently just ignoring your follow up post on the euro)

Archived