Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Central PA Start of February

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The big FIVE-OH shows up for our forecasted high on Monday.:sun: Looks like the last time we crossed that threshold was January 2nd.

With the Thursday storm canceled, I shoveled out a 15' square in the backyard to start chipping balls. Never too early to start working on the short game. ;)

I've been feeling for a week now I'm ready for spring. I've never really had this feeling, as I love cold and snow and so forth. I guess mentally I've checked out since we're pretty much to the point now (historically and pattern-wise) Harrisburg's winter is over.

Maybe we can get .5" overnight! :)

I've been feeling the same way, and I typically love winter weather. For me it's been the unrelenting cold. Most winters usually feature a good thaw of a week or so, perhaps even a blowtorch. We haven't had that at all this season. This winter has had nothing but a windy, dry cold punctuated by the occasional nuisance storm. It reminds me of the winters I spent in Cleveland, where I'd brush snow off my car day after day but it never really piled up.

I just started this summer after getting my Canon XSI last Christmas! It is fun...I recommend it!:thumbsup: Just don't get...:lightning:

I just have a Nikon D40...

When I lived in Florida, we had some awesome lightning shows. They were so crazy it was literally scary walking from your car to the house...

This winter was weird for me. Granted we had the nice storm that gave me almost 15"...but other than that, it was downright cold...wind that goes right through you...

That's interesting. I guess -SL at Bellwood? :lol:

Yep pretty much lol..I couldn't tell looking into the light, it took watching the precip hitting my sleeve to actually see some of it was frozen, barely.

It's def light snow now though, but quite sloppy. KAOO actually the first local ASOS reportin light snow now.

My uncle that lives in Paducah, KY today tells me that he recieved about 6-7 inches today. And western KY as a whole had a solid 5-10 incher. My highest single snowfall as observed here at home this season? 3.7".. that hurts haha

that's crazy.... but says that this system is over-performing a bit!

that's crazy.... but says that this system is over-performing a bit!

Yea i'm beginning to think about that possibility as well. Whoever gets the axis of the deform might be in for a surprise. The energy responsible for the KY snowfall still on the way to getting up in our neck of the woods too. Radar presentation is def looking more robust for CPA than the 18z ewall WRF rad had it.

Yea i'm beginning to think about that possibility as well. Whoever gets the axis of the deform might be in for a surprise. The energy responsible for the KY snowfall still on the way to getting up in our neck of the woods too. Radar presentation is def looking more robust for CPA than the 18z ewall WRF rad had it.

snowing pretty hard here... just starting to accumulate a bit. We're at 1800', JST airport has been snowing for a little longer at 2400'. Downtown JST is at 1300' and wet flakes/rain mix

My uncle that lives in Paducah, KY today tells me that he recieved about 6-7 inches today. And western KY as a whole had a solid 5-10 incher. My highest single snowfall as observed here at home this season? 3.7".. that hurts haha

My parents in east Texas had 7" last Tuesday, 2" last Thursday and are supposed to get 2-4" more Wednesday.

Yea ...

snowing pretty hard here... just starting to accumulate a bit. We're at 1800', JST airport has been snowing for a little longer at 2400'. Downtown JST is at 1300' and wet flakes/rain mix

hmm thats interesting that downtowns still hangin onto a bit of a mix. That should probably be all snow soon i'd think.

Eh, February is usually pretty snowy in Harrisburg, March can be as well.

I'm hoping we can get something decent in the next two months. Here in State College our 3 largest storms are all in March IIRC. 27-29" March 2-3, 1994 and March 12-13 1993, and over 31" March 30-31 1942.

More recently, State College had 18" of snow in March 1999, over 10" of snow in 3 days in March 2004, and over 13" in March 2007.

We still average around 10" or so in March. I don't mind the quick melting later in the season either, I just enjoy watching it fall and that first 24 hours or so.

And for some late season action up here, how about April 28, 1928. 17.3" of snow and a high of 33°.

lol, yes, totally agree.

Harrisburg did pretty well in late Feb last year, also.

Archived