• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Central PA Start of February

You nearing warning criteria? I'm not there yet but I'm definitely over the tenth forecasted. Thank goodness its not too windy right now though obviously this event has a larger chance to do damage as it looks like I will not be getting above freezing today.

No not warning criteria, but I dropped now to 31.9F as the temperature begins to fall with more ice accretion beginning to occur again from freezing mist/drizzle. I just thought maybe the advisory should be extended a bit longer.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there a big wreck on I-99? I heard folks were gettin directed off onto old 220 at Bald Eagle.

There were several bad wrecks on there -- I passed it going on the southbound side. It was like another world up there. It was near 32 near State College and Altoona, but it was only 27 or 28 from Skytop down to Bald Eagle. There was a lot of fog and even some icy spots on the southbound side.

Glad it's switched over to snow now. I've had enough ice for one week. :lol:

There were several bad wrecks on there -- I passed it going on the southbound side. It was like another world up there. It was near 32 near State College and Altoona, but it was only 27 or 28 from Skytop down to Bald Eagle. There was a lot of fog and even some icy spots on the southbound side.

Glad it's switched over to snow now. I've had enough ice for one week. :lol:

Yea agreed lol, although the coating of snow we got here has made the roads really bad again and the scanners lighting up with multiple wrecks on the backroads between Bellwood and Altoona.

Anyone know whats up with the Monday and Thursday deals? From what I hear, neither look like big deals.

The early week event will likely be an event similar to todays except that it'll be a bit colder and probably actually be mostly snow. Probably a light snowfall. The late week event has.. of course, went into hiding for the time being on the models. Things just aren't getting as amplified as they were a couple days ago. And that could well change back as we go forward this week. Def not writing the event off yet. Considering how the tracks of the last few storms ended up in the shorter term, the bullseye can stay on I-95 and southeast the next few days for all i care :lol:

SHORT TERM FORECAST

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE STATE COLLEGE PA

537 PM EST SAT FEB 5 2011

PAZ028-036-042-046-049>053-056>059-063>066-060137-

ADAMS-COLUMBIA-CUMBERLAND-DAUPHIN-FRANKLIN-JUNIATA-LANCASTER-LEBANON-

MONTOUR-NORTHUMBERLAND-PERRY-SCHUYLKILL-SNYDER-SOUTHERN LYCOMING-

SULLIVAN-UNION-YORK-

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...HARRISBURG...LANCASTER...WILLIAMSPORT...

YORK

537 PM EST SAT FEB 5 2011

.NOW...

PATCHY RAIN AND FREEZING RAIN WILL GIVE WAY TO A BRIEF BUT

WIDESPREAD BURST OF SNOW THIS EVENING ACROSS THE SUSQUEHANNA

VALLEY. THE LEADING EDGE OF THE SNOW WAS NEAR A MANSFIELD...

JERSEY SHORE...CHAMBERSBURG LINE AT 540 PM. THE PRECIPITATION

IS MOVING NORTHEAST AT 45 MPH. THE AREA OF PRECIPITATION WILL

BE EAST OF THE SUSQUEHANNA VALLEY BY 1030 PM. WHILE LESS AN

INCH OF SNOW IS EXPECTED...THE COMBINATION OF FALLING TEMPERATURES

AND GUSTY WINDS LATER THIS EVENING WILL MAKE FOR ICY SPOTS.

The early week event will likely be an event similar to todays except that it'll be a bit colder and probably actually be mostly snow. Probably a light snowfall. The late week event has.. of course, went into hiding for the time being on the models. Things just aren't getting as amplified as they were a couple days ago. And that could well change back as we go forward this week. Def not writing the event off yet. Considering how the tracks of the last few storms ended up in the shorter term, the bullseye can stay on I-95 and southeast the next few days for all i care :lol:

The Mon-Tue system still has some pep to it...... most model qpf is on the order of .25-.40 for much of CPA. 3 to 5 inch amounts will be common between 119 and I-81/78. Helping out will be some of it falling after sunset.

I wouldn't be shocked to see qpf come up a little more with the ridge position. This may trend a bit stronger. Euro qpf is .3 to .6 for most of us.

The Mon-Tue system still has some pep to it...... most model qpf is on the order of .25-.40 for much of CPA. 3 to 5 inch amounts will be common between 119 and I-81/78. Helping out will be some of it falling after sunset.

I wouldn't be shocked to see qpf come up a little more with the ridge position. This may trend a bit stronger. Euro qpf is .3 to .6 for most of us.

Thanks Tony

Sref is looking pretty good, showing some good precipitation.

I guess the roads got pretty bad here yesterday due to the number of accidents over the last 24 hours. IT amazes me that the number of people who tend to drive during an Ice storm.:devilsmiley:

2 people died in separate accidents here yesterday. With numerous other crashes.

We had bad icing that hit fast. I run to the store a couples miles away and the roads were fine.

15 mins later on the way back. My wifes Subaru was having a hard time finding traction. Just that quick things went downhill.

And her car goes good in bad weather.

This event coming up moday looks semi-interesting, possible widespread 2-4" event maybe enough for a WWA event. The event later in the week is looking bleak, and even worse is JB says major warm up is progged. haha calling for possible 70s for DC :arrowhead: :arrowhead: well hopefully hes wrong. If not looks like we may have to wait to see if march comes in snowier!

Archived