Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Central PA Start of February

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

funny, I was just thinking about fish tacos. I'm taking your advice and going out with my boots on. Tired of sitting around the house watching the thermometer. The cold air has held on here a lot longer than I expected.

Temp had risen three degrees in 2 hours - it is 34.7 now. Roads will be fine soon. Have a nice walk.

What area of the city do you live in?

Temp had risen three degrees in 2 hours - it is 34.7 now. Roads will be fine soon. Have a nice walk.

What area of the city do you live in?

Looks like the warm(er) air is starting to push in. I'm in the Marketplace townhomes. South of Capitol Heights, 3 blocks north of Broad Street Market.

how do you hear anything on there.

i have everything cranked up and still can barely hear it?

edit: the one i was hearing must have been a bad feed...i can hear the others.

lolz.....I had the very same thing with earbuds in, the very first call I heard could barely hear, turned up to max then one of those tones started up. Nearly blew out my eardrums.

Wow...Ice is sticking to everything so far here...the sun should help with this right?

This time of year seems like cloud thickness makes all the diff. Also, areas in shade can be suddenly icy.

BTW, meant to reply to your question last night, I went to Point Park College (now Point Park University). Played baseball for two years, gave it up for other activities and due to coach being a dick. Still played adult league until several years ago, tho.

Currently 27.0 here, temp steadily rising. Doesn't look like much precip in near future via radar, but there seems to be freezing drizzle.

lolz.....I had the very same thing with earbuds in, the very first call I heard could barely hear, turned up to max then one of those tones started up. Nearly blew out my eardrums.

This time of year seems like cloud thickness makes all the diff. Also, areas in shade can be suddenly icy.

BTW, meant to reply to your question last night, I went to Point Park College (now Point Park University). Played baseball for two years, gave it up for other activities and due to coach being a dick. Still played adult league until several years ago, tho.

Currently 27.0 here, temp steadily rising. Doesn't look like much precip in near future via radar, but there seems to be freezing drizzle.

Awesome man, I had a few kids go there from our graduating class....sounds like a great place(The person ranked 2nd in our class is going there)

Monday?

Heh.

I am normally not a CTP basher but this puzzles me:

This Afternoon: Rain. High near 34. South wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.

Do what? I am sitting at 27.0, CTP at 28. They need to update that given how bad things are around here.

I went to Point Park College also. Graduated in 1985.

Looking ahead, I think we have until the first week of March for a good storm. The pattern across the northern hemisphere looks like it is breaking down and becoming more La Nina esque.

Yea the PNA diving into the tank is the dagger that is finally going to send us into what probably will be at least a 7-10 day period of above average temps and a probable thaw for our area. A gulf of Alaska trough is becoming evident on the longer range models. And with a positive NAO/AO theres going to be really nothing to resist the rising eastern heights. This has been due really, if the PNA would not have ramped up into a postive regime back in January when the dominant -NAO pattern weakened we'd have been talking about this a month ago. This is coming a bit faster than I originally thought (was thinking 18-20th), although not really surprised. I think its a good thing this is going to start right after V-day. It gives more time for an oppurtunity for a more favorable pattern to develop early in March (or even late February) rather than mid-late March. JB did mention the other day about the Euro weeklies not being as warm as he liked beyond the week after this coming. Time will tell.

I went to Point Park College also. Graduated in 1985.

Oh, cool. I was there from fall 1986 to spring 1990

Good returns on radar from altoona to williamsport is any of that sleet? , No wonder you guys are icing up now. Glad it over for us, I never saw or heard so many accidents on a Sat morning. As someone said earlier here this was worse then the earlier ice as the roads were concerned.

Yes, we are mixed with sleet currently. Up to 30.0.

Yes, we are mixed with sleet currently. Up to 30.0.

Same here. Its kinda funny, Blair's advisory expired early this afternoon.. and then we get a good burst of rain in an hour or so ago and now we have ice accumulated on the trees for the first time today really. We do have mixing with sleet, I just wish this mess would either turn to snow or end.

NAM can mark off another win in the closest predicted 2m temp column. Predicted me to reach a high of 31F today and I now sit at just that. Ice still thickly attached to all none treated surfaces.

Yep, I sent a spotter report to CTP given my ice accretion on non-treated surfaces, especially given the advisory expiration.

Yep, I sent a spotter report to CTP given my ice accretion on non-treated surfaces, especially given the advisory expiration.

You nearing warning criteria? I'm not there yet but I'm definitely over the tenth forecasted. Thank goodness its not too windy right now though obviously this event has a larger chance to do damage as it looks like I will not be getting above freezing today.

Archived