Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Central PA Start of February

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could this be it?

After last year's epic week in February which brought over 40" of snow, the snow machine shut off the rest of the winter. We did receive a bit of snow from the storm on 2/26 down here, but essentially, we were about finished on 2/10.

The pattern looks like it's going to hell in a handbasket here over the next week or so...have we seen the end of wintery weather in southern PA? Or will March bring us a triumphant reprise? We haven't had a good March down here other than the 3/16/2007 storm in quite a few years.

Could this be it?

After last year's epic week in February which brought over 40" of snow, the snow machine shut off the rest of the winter. We did receive a bit of snow from the storm on 2/26 down here, but essentially, we were about finished on 2/10.

The pattern looks like it's going to hell in a handbasket here over the next week or so...have we seen the end of wintery weather in southern PA? Or will March bring us a triumphant reprise? We haven't had a good March down here other than the 3/16/2007 storm in quite a few years.

honestly hope it's done...march snowstorms suck...it's all gone in a week tops.

Honestly,I am so ready to get on a softball field.. My daughter said yesterday she was ready for a good thunderstorm.........i never knew she was a closet weather freek

We started indoor practices with my son's 12U team back on 12/5. Like you, we are really anxious to get outside. Funny, last year around this time it looked like it might be May until we got out, but the snow disappeared pretty quick and we were out in March. I wonder what surprises are in store this March...

We started indoor practices with my son's 12U team back on 12/5. Like you, we are really anxious to get outside. Funny, last year around this time it looked like it might be May until we got out, but the snow disappeared pretty quick and we were out in March. I wonder what surprises are in store this March...

Yeah, we have been inside for about the same amount of time. But i need grass not turf ..haha

I've been feeling for a week now I'm ready for spring. I've never really had this feeling, as I love cold and snow and so forth. I guess mentally I've checked out since we're pretty much to the point now (historically and pattern-wise) Harrisburg's winter is over.

Maybe we can get .5" overnight! :)

Eh, February is usually pretty snowy in Harrisburg, March can be as well.

I'm hoping we can get something decent in the next two months. Here in State College our 3 largest storms are all in March IIRC. 27-29" March 2-3, 1994 and March 12-13 1993, and over 31" March 30-31 1942.

More recently, State College had 18" of snow in March 1999, over 10" of snow in 3 days in March 2004, and over 13" in March 2007.

We still average around 10" or so in March. I don't mind the quick melting later in the season either, I just enjoy watching it fall and that first 24 hours or so.

And for some late season action up here, how about April 28, 1928. 17.3" of snow and a high of 33°.

Issued at: 2:52 PM EST 2/7/11, expires at: 11:00 PM EST 2/7/11

Winter weather advisory in effect until 6 am est Tuesday.

The NWS in state college has issued a winter weather advisory for snow, which is in effect until 6 am est tuesday.

Location, the north central mountains of Pennsylvania.

Precipitation type, snow.

Accumulations, 2 to 4 inches.

Timing, through early Tuesday morning.

Winds, light and variable turning to the northwest at 10 to 20 mph after midnight.

Impacts, snow may be mixed with rain at first, which could leave surfaces wet before freezing as temperatures drop this evening. The main impact will be slippery and snow covered roads leading to slowed travel tonight and early Tuesday.

Archived