Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Feb 5-6 Threat

jrodd321

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The high pressure sliding off the va coast kills this threat. The return se flow around it torches the bl and 850s

That's one problem but the other is that the storm is late to organize and tracks too far inland.

Even considering the poor position of the high pressure, we'd have a chance for snow if the storm tracked near the Benchmark and exploded earlier.

I think there will be more of a ZR threat than current forecasts indicate from N and W of PHL and NYC into interior SW CT, especially if the secondary intensifies decently.

These SW flow events nearly always have precip. arrive earlier than forecast, and I would expect to see precip. arriving in the PHL area before dawn Sat and in the NYC area by mid Sat morning. With light winds and clear skies initially Fri night, the NAM has temps plunging into the mid-upper teens from the north of a line from the Lehigh Valley to Morristown, NJ to the Putnam/Westchester County NY border.

I think there will be more of a ZR threat than current forecasts indicate from N and W of PHL and NYC into interior SW CT, especially if the secondary intensifies decently.

These SW flow events nearly always have precip. arrive earlier than forecast, and I would expect to see precip. arriving in the PHL area before dawn Sat and in the NYC area by mid Sat morning. With light winds and clear skies initially Fri night, the NAM has temps plunging into the mid-upper teens from the north of a line from the Lehigh Valley to Morristown, NJ to the Putnam/Westchester County NY border.

Aaaaahhh :yikes: I'm right there on the Westchester/Putnam line and I'm looking at over .5" of ice right now with pouring rain and 28*. So if you're right that means that right after I finish scraping this off I'm gonna get it again.

Good sign if we can keep this up - maybe not for the event this weekend but things look better for the middle of the month. PNA looks to go slightly positive right when the NAO begins to go slightly negative.

00zecmwfnao.gif

pna.mrf.obs.gif

Definitely a nice sign but I wouldn't be quick to rule out this weekend's storm just yet. Considering all the uncertainty and fluctuations with these models, I won't trust them until at the earliest Friday 12z-18z.

Definitely a nice sign but I wouldn't be quick to rule out this weekend's storm just yet. Considering all the uncertainty and fluctuations with these models, I won't trust them until at the earliest Friday 12z-18z.

It's hard to get excited when the JP zone will likely be a high end advisory type snow after the type of winter we have had. I think this will be a very nice storm for some of those that have been getting shafted. I say let them have fun and bring on a mid February coastal bomb.

It's hard to get excited when the JP zone will likely be a high end advisory type snow after the type of winter we have had. I think this will be a very nice storm for some of those that have been getting shafted. I say let them have fun and bring on a mid February coastal bomb.

Hey nothing wrong with a freshened up snow pack. Something like 3-5 inches is nothing to shrug at and is a respectable winter event for this area. I actually wouldn't mind a storm like that. The 4-5 inch snow we had just prior to the last big one was a nice event and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

The nam is actually not all that bad. 850s and surface are literally 20 miles north oof 95. By what peoplle were saying I thought they'd be somewhere in west pa.

Agreed and it is also the NAM at 72-84 hours so you are just as effective throwing a dart at a microscopic dart board.

Hey nothing wrong with a freshened up snow pack. Something like 3-5 inches is nothing to shrug at and is a respectable winter event for this area. I actually wouldn't mind a storm like that. The 4-5 inch snow we had just prior to the last big one was a nice event and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I agree, would have killed for a 3-6 event most years.....we're spoiled this year for sure

12z gfs not that bad for nw areas....prob get frozen in the citys then to rain...eastern pa...snow-ice-snow....gfs is further east with the track and really wraps the low up...gets the citys back to snow...north jersey and nyc get the tail end of the ccb

Very, very close for city. Move that 50 miles east and we are in the game.

It seems to me that the temps will be in the mid to upper 30's at the surface. Accuweather is predicting snow in the pm changing to rain during the day with the temps in the mid 30's. The LP is too close to the coast. If we can get that pushed out 50 miles in the AO, then we can get excited. Im beginning to worry that we dont get that 20 inches we need to break the yearly record. Im dreaming of the monster storm of which we break the daily, monthly, and yearly at the same time. Only in my dreams.....How I envy Chicagoland right now.

It seems to me that the temps will be in the mid to upper 30's at the surface. Accuweather is predicting snow in the pm changing to rain during the day with the temps in the mid 30's. The LP is too close to the coast. If we can get that pushed out 50 miles in the AO, then we can get excited. Im beginning to worry that we dont get that 20 inches we need to break the yearly record. Im dreaming of the monster storm of which we break the daily, monthly, and yearly at the same time. Only in my dreams.....How I envy Chicagoland right now.

We have had way more snow than Chicago this year, why would you possibly envy them as a snow lover?

Archived