joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Building roof collapses

Ginx snewx

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, What a disaster, I will be up there to see it today as we have the High School Bowling State Team Regionals at Sparetime Rec bowling center wich shares the same parking lot....

It collapsed just about as the snowsquall was gearing up, after several hr bright sun. Dense, softening snowpack, with perhaps a touch of wind for the trigger? Looks like they'll need to start from the floor up if rebuilding is planned.

A crooked old barn ready to fall looks attractive?

I love old New England houses, architecture, etc. but those old dilapidated barns look like a scene from Deliverance.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos!

Well the one in the pics that I commented on didn't look that rickity...without actually checking out the structural integrity, that is. But obviously it was in tough enough shape that it couldn't take the snow load any more.

But yeah, even an old barn is a nicer sight to my eyes than something like this, standing or otherwise:

176406.jpg

It's about the history, the works of men, the hand-hewn timbers, the many summers of hay stored therein over the years and the craftsmanship. Whatever though, each to their own.

It collapsed just about as the snowsquall was gearing up, after several hr bright sun. Dense, softening snowpack, with perhaps a touch of wind for the trigger? Looks like they'll need to start from the floor up if rebuilding is planned.

Its a total loss, I was in the construction biz back in the 70's erecting steel bldgs, That was a popular style inexpensive steel bldg

A crooked old barn ready to fall looks attractive?

I love old New England houses, architecture, etc. but those old dilapidated barns look like a scene from Deliverance.

But they withstood father time even with all the snow over the years, They held up better then most bldg built in the last 40 years

Paddle faster, I hear banjos!

Well the one in the pics that I commented on didn't look that rickity...without actually checking out the structural integrity, that is. But obviously it was in tough enough shape that it couldn't take the snow load any more.

But yeah, even an old barn is a nicer sight to my eyes than something like this, standing or otherwise:

176406.jpg

It's about the history, the works of men, the hand-hewn timbers, the many summers of hay stored therein over the years and the craftsmanship. Whatever though, each to their own.

I love that stuff. I grew up south of Boston so I've seen lots of old architecture. My wife lived in a house built in the 1800s.

^ It's cool. I'm just a sucker for history.

There was an old barn in the field next to our place--part of an 80 acre parcel that a millionaire from Boston bought. This guy has bought hundreds of acres recently in Corinth, Chelsea and Washington, VT. He puts conservation easements on the land but he usually takes down the old structures, if there are any. Liability maybe?

At least they salvaged the timbers....

Barn:

2419640656_1238961e25.jpg

Being taken down:

4185145922_f6a9432895.jpg

The Boston fellow is a Cherington--a cousin of Ben Cherington of Red Sox fame.

^ It's cool. I'm just a sucker for history.

There was an old barn in the field next to our place--part of an 80 acre parcel that a millionaire from Boston bought. This guy has bought hundreds of acres recently in Corinth, Chelsea and Washington, VT. He puts conservation easments on the land but he usually takes down the old structures, if there are any. Liability maybe?

At leas they salvaged the timbers....

Barn:

2419640656_1238961e25.jpg

Being taken down:

4185145922_f6a9432895.jpg

There's a nice B & B that my wife and I got to in Ogunquit ME that incorporated these 200 yr old timbers into the structure. It looks amazing.

Your new avatar isn't jiggley enough

Maybe his wife saw the last 6

eh...they have an arrangement.

You touchy a hers..I touchy a his??

:lol:

or i touchy a hers...you ignore it.

lol - nah, just in the noose mood lately. Even though it's cold, and there's snow on the ground, winter has kind of a nearing the end feel to it right about now.

I'd love to come..(if it wasn't in New orleans)

What exactly goes on at these things?

We spend over a week decorating the place in cheesy mardi-gras decor.

. . .Drinking (my wife makes hurricanes).

Some people may get dressed up.

I will be in blackface this year.

My wife has got some mardigras parade sexy tight thing she's wearing (short shorts and some glittery top thing).

. . . Drinking.

New Orleans style music playing

. . . Drinking.

New Orleans style food.

. . . Drinking.

Tons of Beads. I've tried to coax some of the women into flashing, but have thus far been unsuccessful. That's only happened during our summer party. (we have a big party every 6 months)

If there were a proper place to post photos of the party on here, I would. But there's really not that kind of area for such topics in the New England area. I don't usually go outside of this forum, so I wouldn't post in the general area.

My wife has got some mardigras parade sexy tight thing she's wearing (short shorts and some glittery top thing).

. . . Drinking.

. . . Drinking.

New Orleans style food.

. . . Drinking.

Tons of Beads. I've tried to coax some of the women into flashing, but have thus far been unsuccessful. That's only happened during our summer party. (we have a big party every 6 months)

If there were a proper place to post photos of the party on here, I would. But there's really not that kind of area for such topics in the New England area. I don't usually go outside of this forum, so I wouldn't post in the general area.

This sounds very exciting and fun and actually is just about exactly what I thought went on. It sounds basically like an orgy

. . . Drinking.

. . . Drinking.

New Orleans style food.

. . . Drinking.

I had actually planned on going, but I got recruited to drive my dad up to my sister's in NH, this wnd.

I had actually planned on going, but I got recruited to drive my dad up to my sister's in NH, this wnd.

[still off topic ]

You missed a pretty good time. There were about 40 or so people there. Food was good, drink was good, and people had an overall good time. The last folks left about 2:30am.

My sister in-law tried to engage in some girl on girl, kissing action, but was unsuccessful. Unfortunately, that was about the only sexual frolicking that took place (that I know of). I spent much of the night making sure people had enough room to park, and didn't get stuck in a snowbank somewhere.

[still off topic ]

You missed a pretty good time. There were about 40 or so people there. Food was good, drink was good, and people had an overall good time. The last folks left about 2:30am.

My sister in-law tried to engage in some girl on girl, kissing action, but was unsuccessful. Unfortunately, that was about the only sexual frolicking that took place (that I know of). I spent much of the night making sure people had enough room to park, and didn't get stuck in a snowbank somewhere.

Awesome.

[still off topic ]

Nudity

Archived