Newest Member
    joxey
Terrible Torch Winter Ahead

CT Rain

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Noreaster

How awful would that be if we got an -NAO block like that but miss out on the cold? That would be a huge low blow. What time does the 12z euro come out? GFS gets us cold but it's pretty short-lived.

12z euro has been out for over an hour.

how long is the progged pre-tday warm up ? 2 days 3...?

Maybe 3 days perhaps? 1 or 2 days of peak mild conditions possible. Honestly it's so far out, but yeah a mild stretch is certainly possible.

It makes no difference either way, the good stuff won't come until beyond that..possibly well beyond that..like beginning of December. That's fine by me. I got a feeling will see some more model swings so stay tuned. I do like seeing the robust -nao on the euro ensembles.

Maybe 3 days perhaps? 1 or 2 days of peak mild conditions possible. Honestly it's so far out, but yeah a mild stretch is certainly possible.

It makes no difference either way, the good stuff won't come until beyond that..possibly well beyond that..like beginning of December. That's fine by me. I got a feeling will see some more model swings so stay tuned. I do like seeing the robust -nao on the euro ensembles.

Nice to see your issues have cleared up. :thumbsup:

as long as have slighly below normal temps and a good storm track with a decent HP position......i think i could snow.....i don't really care for mutliple -15 departures for T-week ........just give me 30 degrees and snow. thanks santa

as long as have slighly below normal temps and a good storm track with a decent HP position......i think i could snow.....i don't really care for mutliple -15 departures for T-week ........just give me 30 degrees and snow. thanks santa

It takes a dam cold airmass for the coast to snow in November..usually. I feel pretty good it will get here, maybe not arctic, but perhaps cold enough. We'll probably just go through the classic yo-yo in temps before it settles in. I definitely could see model swings and perhaps it gets here sooner, but the key for most pattern changes is to prolong it. Enjoy the ride for now. Cold shot#1 comes in towards next weekend.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived