Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
NYC Area January 26-27 Bomb Discussion and OBS Part 3

earthlight

lol you say that NOW

Anyway, we're still in the battlezone and its going back and forth between sleet and snow. The true snow line is just NW of Jamaica Bay and closing in on JFK. This reminds me of last Feb 26 a bit, except back then it was snow vs rain. At 1 PM it finally pushed through.

This'll likely be similar to what we saw on 1/27/04 when we had heavy sleet and then all of a sudden it broke through for the whole county and became heavy snow. We probably have 5-6 hours left so hopefully we can make the most of it. 6-8" sounds good based on what's happening SW of here.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

March 1914 had a sfc low that bombed to 952 mb at the Benchmark....

This storm is far less intense...

I know Chris haha, but I meant in the sense of mixed precip going over to very heavy snow in a moisture laden system. Prolly had lots of thunder and lightning with that one too. And I thought the Low passed right over NYC and set their lowest pressure record?

Is North Shore LI getting screwed? There was a bit of snow for a few minutes but now all freezing rain.

Looks like the further north you are the better. I would say Suffolk is actually getting screwed a bit on this one the way the mix line is running. But had the line been more south Suffolk would be getting those awesome bands...

Archived