Newest Member
    Toothache
NYC Area January 26-27 Bomb Discussion and OBS

earthlight

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PLEASE, find where i said Storm cancel?

I said the euro goes to the NAm, nam is going to win....

which would be 3-6"

It can certainly be deduced from your posts, even if you didn't say so specifically. You just said "3 inches is nothing to worry about and there are better things I could be doing than fighting with people over 3" of snow".

Just calm down and let whatever happens happen.

I love your negativity... I kinda like getting negative myself every now and then.

You are the Yang to this board's Yin!

kudo's my man...you should hear me watching a Jet or yankee game....my wife/friends think i am certifiably insane scooter.gifarrowheadsmiley.png

I remember some people were saying that this storm was going to be the biggest storm in years for many places in the midwest. How things have changed. This went from an inland runner, to a coastal storm, to a 2 piece storm.

That's why I tried to stop myself this year from looking at models or forecasts too early (>4 days out). The extremes between the initial runs and what ends up happening is unreal most times.

lol Oh god. Whatever happened to 5-8" being an awesome event, well with these big storms over the past year I can see why, but I for one am formally excited that 5-8" is still on the table on the majority of the models.

Well by that standard parts of the hudson highlands got an awesome event this morning.

Part of the fun of a big storm is the hype and anticipation of the run up. A lot of the anticipatory excitement is lost for moderate storms, even if they slightly overperform.

It can certainly be deduced from your posts, even if you didn't say so specifically. You just said "3 inches is nothing to worry about and there are better things I could be doing than fighting with people over 3" of snow".

Just calm down and let whatever happens happen.

what you should have logically deduced was disappointment in my tone, not that I was cancelling the storm.

radar

how does the precip in the MA miss us (according to every model but the RUC)???

How did that bowling ball miss us on 02/05/10?

Sh*t happens, gents... it isn't the end of the world. Hell, I took the train home to Ct. tonight for 3-5" (here) ... the good news is there is a solid 2' snowpack so it's not all that depressing.

How did that bowling ball miss us on 02/05/10?

Sh*t happens, gents... it isn't the end of the world. Hell, I took the train home to Ct. tonight for 3-5" (here) ... the good news is there is a solid 2' snowpack so it's not all that depressing.

uuugggh 2/5/10 was a catastrophe (especially because the GEFS at 18Z on friday had the 1.5QPF over us), the only thing worse than boston getting more snow than us is DC getting a storm and our area gets nada

uuugggh 2/5/10 was a catastrophe (especially because the GEFS at 18Z on friday had the 1.5QPF over us), the only thing worse than boston getting more snow than us is DC getting a storm and our area gets nada

You didn't get anything from that storm? I got 2 inches from that storm.

That event is why I always tell people never to trust the GFS ensembles QPF, its often too wet....the fact that nobody could believe the NAM would get that insane QPF gradient it was showing correct was what threw so many people off.

what you should have logically deduced was disappointment in my tone, not that I was cancelling the storm.

Cool. Nothing we can do about it anyway, but 40"+ by Feb 1st is just incredible for this area, any year. What we're getting is about what an average ORH winter is like.

What's really going to suck is when one winter the pattern goes back to the late 1990s for a few years or so. Overall though, given solar activity and the global indices going back to what was a much colder global state, we should be in for more fun.

Well by that standard parts of the hudson highlands got an awesome event this morning.

Part of the fun of a big storm is the hype and anticipation of the run up. A lot of the anticipatory excitement is lost for moderate storms, even if they slightly overperform.

Well, when most models are showing QPF bombs 24-36 hours out, and suddenly they cut back a bit, it's a little disappointing. What I do, overcome that initial disappointment, and just anticipate the snow falling, and doing its wonders. That's why I think, we all like snow, for its purity and its ability to exist in various motions of heavy snow rates, wet large flakes, high winds, rapid accumulation, but most importantly its beauty.

If it makes anyone feel better, KLEB was getting 1-2 feet from the Euro for about 6 or so runs this weekend... We'll end up with a big 0 probably...

Again though, with the exception of the NAM, is there any model with less than .7 liquid precip for NYC?

no - all at or (+) aside from the nam

That event is why I always tell people never to trust the GFS ensembles QPF, its often too wet....the fact that nobody could believe the NAM would get that insane QPF gradient it was showing correct was what threw so many people off.

see, trust the NAM thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Archived