• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
January 26-27 Snowstorm Disco IV

Baroclinic Zone

To be honest, I think it took a step towards the euro with a developing CCB as compared to 18z. It may a little late to the party and quicker to leave, but it forms a nice looking CCB Wed Night.

Scott, it def. took a step toward the EURO...don't know if you read my interpretation, but the s stream is about dead-nuts on the EURO; the kicker in the n stream is just more assertive on the GFS.

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After looking at QPF, it's about exactly as I thought....6-12", highest se.

I agree, Nick......we know the drill about the nw extent of QPF.

the direct qpf output of the GFS doesn't really concern me that much...even the track could be quite favorable. However, the strung out nature of the system is starting to become more intriguing/worrisome.

Scott, it def. took a step toward the EURO...don't know if you read my interpretation, but the s stream is about dead-nuts on the EURO; the kicker in the n stream is just more assertive on the GFS.

Yeah it is, it's still fast compared to the euro at 12z, which is why the qpf is a bit less. That little nrn stream s/w is helping to flatten heights a bit as well. GFS very progressive.

The trend has been to give me all snow band increase my QPF.UKMET makes it 3 . The GFS had no precip in here last night, neither did the NAM, not trusted them but if a trend is what you say I should look for, it is colder more snow.

The GFS last night slammed you I believe...

Yeah it is, it's still fast compared to the euro at 12z, which is why the qpf is a bit less. That little nrn stream s/w is helping to flatten heights a bit as well. GFS very progressive.

QPF is much less in the interior.....EURO gave me like 1.3", GFS is like .8". lol

I think the discrepancy grows to my wnw....

Archived