12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Jan 25/26 Storm Part IV

burgertime

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At 63, Nice deformation band setting up at 700 in all of N AL and central and east Tenn. :thumbsup:

And that is the one to watch as most of the guidance has showed this backside band, differences in where which will be resolved, but is it mostly SN imo given the UL features passing overhead, or just to the SE of it.

At 63, Nice deformation band setting up at 700 in all of N AL and central and east Tenn. :thumbsup:

and it spreads across NC at 72 hours and beyond. Its delayed again. Looking at the 925 temps they're around +2 in a lot of areas under that band, so if the rates are good, and I imagine they should be with that stronga 5H, then a lot of areas will make the switch atleast for a while to snow. Still hate the timing for the CLT area though. But if it delays again, it will Wednesday night after dark anyway.:arrowhead:

And that is the one to watch as most of the guidance has showed this backside band, differences in where which will be resolved, but is it mostly SN imo given the UL features passing overhead, or just to the SE of it.

That is a nice looking comma head! It really nails E Tenn and western NC. N AL and N GA get some good snow too.

one good possible new trend Im seeing here and Im behind burger is at 60 on the trough is hinting going negative, but its doing it futher south and east toward Florida panhandle , not out near LA/MS. This will set the deformation band up futher east and allow the cold to drain down hard on the backside over ETN,NC upstate, instead of MS and North AL.

and it spreads across NC at 72 hours and beyond. Its delayed again. Looking at the 925 temps they're around +2 in a lot of areas under that band, so if the rates are good, and I imagine they should be with that stronga 5H, then a lot of areas will make the switch atleast for a while to snow. Still hate the timing for the CLT area though. But if it delays again, it will Wednesday night after dark anyway.:arrowhead:

RDU cashes in if this run were to verify...what a twist of fortunes.

RDU cashes in if this run were to verify...what a twist of fortunes.

Well in my prelimary map I had the moisture streaking out east with that band, completely to the coast, and thats based on teh low mostly a coastal and the 5H closing off over lower Alabama then curving northeast, which its doing, so I'm not that surprised. The temps of course will be the problem in NC east of the mtns, but one pro for NC is that the rates by then are probably at or near their max by then compared to further west due to it being better developed. Its hard to say at this point out in time.

It looks like it shows it around late afternoon which is certainly better than 12-2 p.m.

Verbatim, we got HEAVY snow in Raleigh as the storm exits.

Also, the NAM takes this baby out to sea.

I'd take it.

Yeah, it would be nice to see some flakes, but we are still 72 hours away, it seems this storm won't get closer. I am just happy about seeing some rain, we need it.

00znamp72_SE078.gif

Archived