Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Jan 25/26 Storm Part IV

burgertime

Latest thinking from the locals:

http://www.myfox8.co...0,5000340.story

FOX8 meteorologist Charles Ewing said that the storm system is moving in slower and warmer than first expected.

Light rain is expected to fall Tuesday afternoon and through the evening.

The rain will likely begin to mix with snow overnight Tuesday or early Wednesday morning and continue falling as a mix until about noon.

The mix is expected to change to snow around noon on Wednesday. The snowing is expected to last until sometime Wednesday evening.

To those of you with kids in school, this is going to create such a headache. Too many times school has been canceled just due to the mention of snow and we don't see a single flake. I'll be watching this thread very closely so I'll know if I need to make sudden childcare plans.

To be honest it shouldn't be much of a problem. Temps are marginal and roads will be wet and slow to cover. Everyone should have plenty of time to make it home.

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be honest it shouldn't be much of a problem. Temps are marginal and roads will be wet and slow to cover. Everyone should have plenty of time to make it home.

They've been extremely cautious recently because two high schoolers were killed due to accidents on the slick roads on the way to or from school during one of the recent storms.

They've been extremely cautious recently because two high schoolers were killed due to accidents on the slick roads on the way to or from school during one of the recent storms.

Yes I know. I am involved in forecasting winter weather for Thomasville City Shcools. The incidents you refer to were black ice incidents. Saw the scene of the one in Caswell. Kid had to be going at least 70. Sad and totally preventable with common sense driving.

this run so far has a ton of WAA i just dont see much snow right now except the mtns and extreme western foothills atleast any appreciable amounts but with the perfect track of the ull then maybe an hr or 2 of hvy snow is possible farther east but not confident in that at all.

this run so far has a ton of WAA i just dont see much snow right now except the mtns and extreme western foothills atleast any appreciable amounts but with the perfect track of the ull then maybe an hr or 2 of hvy snow is possible farther east but not confident in that at all.

This is all rain even here in the western Mtns. 850 temps are already at +3 or higher. Nice deformation band setting up back in western Tenn.

Well, this is slightly frustrating. NAM shows one thing, and GFS shows another. Not unusual. In fact, I guess we should be used to it. GFS seems to pump a lot of WAA. I wonder if there's enough dynamics to support strong thunderstorms across Northern Florida around 48 hours? Only time will tell.

Archived