e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Jan 25/26 Storm Part IV

burgertime

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the northern Upstate, most of western NC are hit really hard for about 6 to 9 hours with intense snow rates. I see what this run is doing. Takes the 5H across I-20 BHM ATL then just north of CAE to about FAY, and on its west side is the 7H swirl and comma head, thats the heavy snow part. Very similar really to the March 2009 storm overall, but further north at first, but in the end it dips becuase of the effect the western low has and how it interacts with teh ULL in the Southeast.

CLT might just be a little to far east to get the good stuff but just being close is good enough as who knows how this thing will track....very sharp cut off for RDU it looks like

It's kinda funny because CLT is just a bit to far east, and south for the heaviest of stuff, but CLT does still get into the snowy fun :thumbsup:

CLT might just be a little to far east to get the good stuff but just being close is good enough as who knows how this thing will track....very sharp cut off for RDU it looks like

Always a very sharp cut-off for RDU. Need the ULL to be farther south. I have no reason to believe it will trend that way, though.

Just an FYI for you folks. A 1009 surface low has developed offshore from Aransas Pass (just N of Corpus Christi) at this hour and deepening quickly.

Thanks for coming in here and giving us great updates! Very much appreciated, and feel free to stop by any time and give us your opinion! How has Houston been this year for snow? I imagine not too good, or at least not as good as last year but could any year be that good again?

Looks like my area gets around .75" in 6 hours. And around AVL to Brevard gets over 1.25" in 6 hours. That hopefully is wrong, as trees would be snapping and the power would go down.

Talk about uplifting and scary at the same time! What a run, this guarantees a lot of computer time tonight and tomorrow...wife will hate me!

Back to work, see ya'll this evening :thumbsup:

I know I said I was done posting, but I have to say this. I don't know what everyone is seeing, because the 12z NAM shows not even one flake from CLT to RDU per the 3 hour soundings! If anyone cares to prove me wrong, please proceed.

It's kinda funny because CLT is just a bit to far east, and south for the heaviest of stuff, but CLT does still get into the snowy fun :thumbsup:

Yep I've just been burned too many times when on the edge...usually these things leave us looking in at the good stuff, but I'll take my 2-4 and be happy if I can get it. Looks like Robert is in too good of a spot...by the way just north of Ocoenee looks to be the money spot right now.

I know I said I was done posting, but I have to say this. I don't know what everyone is seeing, because the 12z NAM shows not even one flake from CLT to RDU per the 3 hour soundings! If anyone cares to prove me wrong, please proceed.

Soundings are correct 100% of the time two days out right? Why is the mets who ARE EXPERTS ON OUR REGION are exited but you aren't? Sorry I'll trust them over you any time.

Yep I've just been burned too many times when on the edge...usually these things leave us looking in at the good stuff, but I'll take my 2-4 and be happy if I can get it. Looks like Robert is in too good of a spot...by the way just north of Ocoenee looks to be the money spot right now.

It's also kinda funny because I moved from Shelby this past year, and this could be the second time that Shelby get's more snow than up here. Congrats to Robert and all my friends in Shelby, because another hit looks a' comin'. :snowing:

Archived