• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
MW/Lakes/OV November 2010 general disco

Hoosier

You said it. The December 1 2006 event was such a sad thing. Every global model in the 48-72 had the low travelling through eastern OH. Then we had the NAM and RGEM..................ressies won that one.

I remember the NAM at 84 hours had the low way west...I think it might've had a double barrelled structure with one in IL and one in IN but west in any case. I was hoping it was just the NAM being out to lunch but it ended up catching the trend.

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember the NAM at 84 hours had the low way west...I think it might've had a double barrelled structure with one in IL and one in IN but west in any case. I was hoping it was just the NAM being out to lunch but it ended up catching the trend.

We were on the fortunate end of things with that NW shift. It was a real nail biter with that one. At times it looked like we wouldn't see anything, and others it looked like we would get an epic snow. For once our issue wasn't precip type, but how much if any snow accumulation. Luckily for us the storm strengthened as it entered Illinois, and that shoved the western edge of the snow to the west and slammed us pretty hard. Picked up 10-11" here, and that was the last storm we saw 10"+ from. We're overdue here big time.

BTW, my avatar pic happens to be from 12/1/06 lol.

The attached imaged is one I saved from the NAM a day or so out from the storm. It was forecasting over 30" of snow in some areas lol.

post-613-0-69066100-1289973183.gif

We were on the fortunate end of things with that NW shift. It was a real nail biter with that one. At times it looked like we wouldn't see anything, and others it looked like we would get an epic snow. For once our issue wasn't precip type, but how much if any snow accumulation. Luckily for us the storm strengthened as it entered Illinois, and that shoved the western edge of the snow to the west and slammed us pretty hard. Picked up 10-11" here, and that was the last storm we saw 10"+ from. We're overdue here big time.

BTW, my avatar pic happens to be from 12/1/06 lol.

The attached imaged is one I saved from the NAM a day or so out from the storm. It was forecasting over 30" of snow in some areas lol.

I think I still have that image. The qpf was pretty impressive...not sure what type of algorithm that map uses.

Isn't Murray near Moor's Resort? lol used to go there every summer for about 4 straight. they actually got hit by a tornado on 11/15/05, which I'm sure you already knew lol.

Yep, Murray is about 35-40 minutes south of Gilbertsville where Moores Resort is. I wasn't in college yet at the time of that storm so I was still in Louisville. Louisville is where I lived up until college. I remember the tornado because my Mom's best friend lost her house due to that tornado. I remember that day vividly.

It would be nice to get a series of waves rippling up the frontal boundary so we could spread the wealth. I have little confidence in details at this point. The cold is coming, that's about all we can say with reasonable certainty.

I can envision pieces of energy breaking off and our area slowly transitioning to cold late next week..

Every other word you read on this board is -NAO - outside of our part of the board... I'm ready to slit my wrist if I read -NAO one more time.. Some would be happy if I did that though lol.

Look at the -NAO! Just kidding, don't slit your wrist.

12zensnao.gif

FWIW, so far this cold weather season EURO seems to be getting schooled. GFS was 100% on the money with that non-storm the first week of November, and the GGEM came out on top with the more amplified/further west solution wrt today's storm (EURO was more like the NAM initially).

Obviously, this is a non-scientific evalution of the EURO's recent performance. I'm sure somebody'll come along with that graph which plots model progs against actually H5 data and show that I'm completely wrong.

LMAO LOL

so true.

someone always posts those graphs that defy everything that actually happened IMBY......classic.

Look at the -NAO! Just kidding, don't slit your wrist.

12zensnao.gif

I just need to except when I venture out of our sub I will see excessive -NAO talk as their winter success or lack there of rides on it a lot.

Euro showing a cutter late next week... Pretty sure something is going to go down around that time but where it ends is up in the air.. My guess is another rainy cutter for a lot of us. You wouldn't think so with the NAO tanking but just a hunch. Trough is pretty far west this run so I guess a cutter makes sense.. Next run it will probably be totally different so w/e.

I just need to except when I venture out of our sub I will see excessive -NAO talk as their winter success or lack there of rides on it a lot.

Euro showing a cutter late next week... Pretty sure something is going to go down around that time but where it ends is up in the air.. My guess is another rainy cutter for a lot of us. You wouldn't think so with the NAO tanking but just a hunch. Trough is pretty far west this run so I guess a cutter makes sense.. Next run it will probably be totally different so w/e.

Not sure if the Euro does tank the NAO though? It may pump up the ridge out ahead of the big system. This is a situation where the GFS and Euro are at odds and one or the other may be correct, or they may flip flop back and forth the next few runs.

Archived