Jump to content

1234snow

Members
  • Posts

    1,833
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by 1234snow

  1. I was going to post something similar. They are completely different.
  2. Ground starting to get white in Jonesborough.
  3. The wind direction didn’t seem to be consistent either. One moment I was blown to the right. Next I was getting blown to the left.
  4. 18z ICON has a totally different solution and has the 500mb low spinning/wandering off the California coast at hour 100. Completely cut it off.
  5. I thought that 2nd wave was going to phase into a bomb but just missed.
  6. There is a trend on the GFS and CMC of dropping the energy further southwest into the California coast. I’m not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing.
  7. That was certainly the craziest run I have ever saw in my time on these forums. You had flakes flying from Louisiana to Pennsylvania at the 252 timestamp. Huge precip shield. I agree with Carvers though that the trough in the west was too sharp and probably held back energy somewhat. That might be totally gone on the next run at 0z.
  8. Had an inch at my house. Confirmed Carvers obs in Kingsport. Had close to 2” on the work van in Sullivan Gardens.
  9. Nice return overhead as well with some light snow and big flakes
  10. Few flakes flying around here as well
  11. I measured 1.5 inches on my deck yesterday morning at 7 am. Some winters we don’t even get 1.5 inches for the whole season!
  12. 32 degrees here now and a slight dusting. On the board for winter!
  13. My 100 year old Oak tree completely uprooted today. Unfortunately it went on the neighbors house. Thankfully they are okay.
  14. Tuesday had heavy rains as well in Scott County from the tornado warned storm that hit Kyle’s Ford. Just all around a perfect storm and generational storm.
  15. I’m really curious of the wind aspect for all of us. I surely hope the model projections are too high. This is just an extremely rare situation with flooding rains for 2 days, full leaves, and then the potential for 50-60+mph gusts. I wonder how the typical mountain wave locations will fair. @Math/Met ?
  16. Several counties in NE TN are under a flash flood warning currently until 10 pm. The firehose doesn’t seem to end soon.
  17. Yeah I went for a little run but kept close to my car. I’m glad I did because the lightning got intense fast.
×
×
  • Create New...