joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NNE January 12 snowstorm obs

dendrite

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You mean the system next week? Where are you in NH right now? I took a peek at soundings and it's all snow here before the dryslot/warm air move in aloft...similar to 07/08 with the SWFEs where we'd thump 10:1 ratio snow for 6-8 hours and dry slot (cut off the precip) before any possible changeover. Hopefully it trends a little colder although the GFS has a nice little CAD wedge of < 0C 850s holding tough along the foothills.

Ah, i should have looked at it more carefully. I didn't even look at the soundings... more concentrated on my foot of snow... Better Snow than Ice :)!

And yes, I'm in KLEB.

I just eclipsed it here too.

Back to the borderline -SN/SN, but great snow growth. 23.3F.

0.6" last hour. Storm total now 20.2".

Congrats dude... its nice to see you in the jackpot for this one :thumbsup: You were getting the shaft for a while there in December but made up for it in a big way with this event.

12z GFS has an ice storm here... hmm...

It's been a while since we've had a good icing event. December 2008 is the last one that comes to mind as far as significant icing anyway.

Staring to fill back in some at home based on radar, webcams and a reliable source.

But yeah, there might be something else a-brewin' for mid-week next week.

I call that the form 'o hurtyhurtz. I used to submit my totals regularly back in the early 2000's, then they suddenly stopped using them, so I surrendered.

I'll try for this storm.

:snowman:

... Merrimack County...

Northfield 20.2 429 PM 1/12

1 SSE Henniker 18.0 210 PM 1/12

New London 13.5 221 PM 1/12 me54

Salisbury 12.0 1225 PM 1/12 heavy snow

Although Mark will pass me on the list soon.

:snowman:

... Merrimack County...

Northfield 20.2 429 PM 1/12

1 SSE Henniker 18.0 210 PM 1/12

New London 13.5 221 PM 1/12 me54

Salisbury 12.0 1225 PM 1/12 heavy snow

Although Mark will pass me on the list soon.

I'm sorry Brian. I seemed to get a head start on you. I measured like 8 when you had 6 or so. And I seemed to keep that advantage the rest of the day. lol. I probably am a bit over 22 but didn't want to push it. Still snowing almost heavily.

Problem with my email couldn't use their form so I sent an email to them without the form... hope they accept my submission. Put my name and number on it.

Brian you were right about the snow growth. Just looked out front and where I had cleared about an hour ago has at least an inch on it. Really fluffy beautiful flakes. I guess I actually got 23. LOL

A few shots from today... not the dumping you guys further south and east got, but I'll take it. Always nice to get a warning criteria snowfall and finally one that added some water weight to the snowpack.

ASOS reported heavy snow for most of the day, though it was the lame 1"-1.5"/hr stuff and not the 2-3"/hr some of you saw, lol.

Around 1:30pm at 1,300ft...

8" at 3pm in Stowe village...

Just looked out front and where I had cleared about an hour ago has at least an inch on it.

You're not kidding either. A hair under an inch last hour (0.9"). With little wind I can tell this is probably of the 25-30:1 type snow so it wouldn't take much liquid to get it.

23.8F

-SN

21.5"

Measured 6.0" at 4:30, and 0.59" LE. Still moderate snow here at 5, flakes a bit less tiny, winds just as gusty. That nice band to our west might bump the totals here a bit, but nothing like what's happening elsewhere. Nice storm nonetheless, and the pattern looks promising. The 5.0" reported to GYX from New Sharon about 1:30 wasn't me; at that hour I was spinning my way up the hills on Leighton Road in north Augusta - got home a bit after 2:30.

Edit: Forget about the bump. Just saw the loop on TV and the band's moving away, not toward. It seemed to form just to the west of MBY, headed to the SW. Unless another one forms, the upstream echoes say, "All but finished here."

Archived