joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a primed pattern that favors a HECS. Would not be at all suprised for me and folks to my west to be sitting here this winter whaling and nashing our teeth during a chase for a 50 to 100 mile west trend from a late phased mega bomb that hammers eastern NC. Usually see a good one every 15 to 20 years. Beleive 1980 and 200 where the big daddy's right off top of my head. So Raleigh is aproaching that window of time and the pattern is gonna be ripe for the oppurtunity.

This is a primed pattern that favors a HECS. Would not be at all suprised for me and folks to my west to be sitting here this winter whaling and nashing our teeth during a chase for a 50 to 100 mile west trend from a late phased mega bomb that hammers eastern NC. Usually see a good one every 15 to 20 years. Beleive 1980 and 200 where the big daddy's right off top of my head. So Raleigh is aproaching that window of time and the pattern is gonna be ripe for the oppurtunity.

Soooooo... The atmosphere doesn't care how long its been since the last big daddy. The last time we had our average seasonal snowfall here was 1989. Not sure how much snow we saw in March 1993.

the gets said every single year. Oh the pattern is ripe this and that. It wont happen this year, but this time next year, another weenie like you will say the same thing.

Thats pretty awesome actually. Miss the old Weather Channel.

How is that better than the current TWC? I might be missing something, but I don't see how the old TWC is better than the new. Great analysis nowadays especially from Carl Parker and Jim Cantore and Greg Forbes. The only thing I dislike is the reality shows that come on. Strangest weather on Earth and Supernatural weather are very interesting though.

How is that better than the current TWC? I might be missing something, but I don't see how the old TWC is better than the new. Great analysis nowadays especially from Carl Parker and Jim Cantore and Greg Forbes. The only thing I dislike is the reality shows that come on. Strangest weather on Earth and Supernatural weather are very interesting though.

It stuck to weather 24-7.  That alone gives it a big jump on the current channel.  They had excellent personnel back then as well.  John Hope immediately comes to mind.

the gets said every single year. Oh the pattern is ripe this and that. It wont happen this year, but this time next year, another weenie like you will say the same thing.

Ikr. Last year in December we had talk of 940mb bombs shuffling the atmosphere and asteroids producing their own gravity bypassing Earth forcing polar vortices down to the US. Crazy stuff.

It stuck to weather 24-7. That alone gives it a big jump on the current channel. They had excellent personnel back then as well. John Hope immediately comes to mind.

Yeah, but the information you get today from TWC is much more accurate than whatever was given back then. I understand the 24/7 weather thing, but there isn't always much to talk about weather wise. What could they possibly talk about today for 24 hours? You see how great they are during severe weather outbreaks.

Stay tuned to this space for an exciting media release from the mind of jburns.

The Southeast Forum AO Song

with apologies to Harry Belafonte

A-O, A-ay-ay-O

Winter come and it won’t go down

A, he say A, he say A, he say A, he say A, he say A-ay-ay-O

Winter come and it won’t go down

Studying the Euro and the GFS

(Winter come and it won’t go down)

Up all night my life is a mess

Come, Mr. Weather Mon, tally me statistics

Forecasted negative on a HUNCH!

Damn thing went positive, I lost my LUNCH!

A, he say A-ay-ay-O

An Arctic high put us in the fridge 

But then here come the Southeast Ridge

Thought I was a prince, but I’m just a frog

Married to a woman name of Anna Log

A, he say A-ay-ay-o

A, he say A-ay-ay-o

(winter come and it won’t go down)

A, he say A, he say A, he say A, he say A, he say A-ay-ay-o 

Yeah, but the information you get today from TWC is much more accurate than whatever was given back then. I understand the 24/7 weather thing, but there isn't always much to talk about weather wise. What could they possibly talk about today for 24 hours?

Accuracy really isn't the issue with what we are discussing.  Both are state of the art at the time.  There's plenty to talk about.  Obviously, it isn't constantly different subjects for 24 hours a day.   

How is that better than the current TWC? I might be missing something, but I don't see how the old TWC is better than the new. Great analysis nowadays especially from Carl Parker and Jim Cantore and Greg Forbes. The only thing I dislike is the reality shows that come on. Strangest weather on Earth and Supernatural weather are very interesting though

The last time I popped on TWC, the Local on the 8s music was completely different. It wasn't the awesome instrumentals I'm used to. It had lyrics! The music lineup during the 09-10 winter was the gold standard in my eyes and will never be beaten.

The pattern is primed and ripe alright, a big ripe pile of ****. We have a new WOTY candidate.

I keep my Weatherstar 4000 (official name of it) Emulator running on a CRT monitor with old computer playing 24/7 (monitor isnt on all the time) usually with my own playlist of old twc music, right now I'm using muzaks "Holiday Instrumentals" channel. Cool to turn on and wake up to in the mornings especially, childhood memories :icecream:

Last 2 sentences of your post should answer the question.

I keep my Weatherstar 4000 (official name of it) Emulator running on a CRT monitor with old computer playing 24/7 (monitor isnt on all the time) usually with my own playlist of old twc music, right now I'm using muzaks "Holiday Instrumentals" channel. Cool to turn on and wake up to in the mornings especially, childhood memories :icecream:

Always liked the Weatherstar 4000. Lots of memories.

Archived