Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
This clipper ends it 3/24-3/25

Baum

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'l be shocked it this amounts to anything more than snow showers in the air with no accumulations locally.

Id say an inch is not really far fetched at all. All the models give qpf. Wont break the record but at this point every bit gets us closer and closer to #1. Kinda of funny when you think we moved into 2nd place on Feb 20th!!!! It says a lot about how many leagues the winters of 1880-81 & 2013-14 are above the rest.

Haha. GFS is in the same camp.

http://www.instantweathermaps.com/GFS-php/showmap-conussfc.php?run=2014032318&time=PER&var=ASNOWI&hour=072

GGEM and 4km NAM are pretty dry too. It really hasn't snowed here since the 5th, so I figure a dusting is the same bet to go.

Since our 6.8" storm on the 12th we have only had traces (several of them though) so Im still on the fence here. I could see anything from a T to 3" (more likely 0.5-1"). Model qpf has wavered so much and now all of a sudden euro wants to give us 0.14" Tues.

that actually reads 0.5-1" for N IL. Regardless these snow maps are usually quite inaccurate.

That's what happens when you have a smaller monitor than you're used to! 

LOT was saying there is a lot of dry air to overcome first.

FWIW: RAP showing ORD getting some moisture tonight.

RAP_255_2014032419_F18_PCPIN_18_HR.png

That line was wild and awesome!  It snowed pretty good when the line first reached my house, but then an intense squall hit similar to the one back in January.  Within a few seconds the visibility went to zero with very heavy snow and strong wind.  I thought I heard a bit of thunder, but the strike was on the far north side of CR so people up there saw/heard it better.  It was overall some of the heaviest snow I've seen in years.  I ended up with 1.1-1.2" in only 20 minutes.

Archived