joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
This clipper ends it 3/24-3/25

Baum

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They're instibility showers, which extend all the way down into Missouri.

Same thing was seen behind the front in the N. Plains/Upper Midwest yesterday.

lol.

LE precipitation can always be enhanced by CAA in the wake of shortwaves in the NW flow (with the main shortwave itself marked by a solid band pressing into Ohio).

The radar returns in IL/MO are due entirely to the 500mb cold pool and are clearly much weaker without contribution from the lake.

lol.

LE precipitation can always be enhanced by CAA in the wake of shortwaves in the NW flow (with the main shortwave itself marked by a solid band pressing into Ohio).

The radar returns in IL/MO are due entirely to the 500mb cold pool and are clearly much weaker without contribution from the lake.

lol

Detroit added 0.4" so far today, putting us at 91.1" or 2.5" from tying the all time record for snowfall. I wouldn't be shocked if we added another couple tenths before the end of the day. Every penny helps at this point.

It'll be interesting to see if they did. I know here at least, the ground is whitened again after the latest squalls to go through around sunset. Not sure if it translated that well southwest of here at the airport.

It'll be interesting to see if they did. I know here at least, the ground is whitened again after the latest squalls to go through around sunset. Not sure if it translated that well southwest of here at the airport.

Just 0.4" thru 8pm...but Im wondering what this last squall looks to do thats currently in Livingtson co. Looks the most potent of then all. I noticed that whatever patches of snow were left kept the fresh white dusting on them, but all the rest of todays dusting had melted.

Just 0.4" thru 8pm...but Im wondering what this last squall looks to do thats currently in Livingtson co. Looks the most potent of then all. I noticed that whatever patches of snow were left kept the fresh white dusting on them, but all the rest of todays dusting had melted.

If that band can set up over the airport for a bit it could give us a bit more accumulation.

Ok all you Wyandotte snow magnet people lol. It must be turned off until November, because that squall line appeared to be making a bee-line right for me and yet it suddenly sank south as it approached me. As in...like 2 miles before it would have hit me. Picked up just 0.1" from it, while it was very white at DTW with a fresh 0.6" (hell even the ASOS picked up 0.03" water with it). So total on the day is 0.5" here (93.1" season) but 1.0" at DTW (91.7" season). Roads a sheen of glass in the tire tracks.

Ok all you Wyandotte snow magnet people lol. It must be turned off until November, because that squall line appeared to be making a bee-line right for me and yet it suddenly sank south as it approached me. As in...like 2 miles before it would have hit me. Picked up just 0.1" from it, while it was very white at DTW with a fresh 0.6" (hell even the ASOS picked up 0.03" water with it). So total on the day is 0.5" here (93.1" season) but 1.0" at DTW (91.7" season). Roads a sheen of glass in the tire tracks.

Looks like my area (which is rare) outdid yours today. Combined with the intense squall that came through midday, I'd say we picked up over 1" total today. 

I'd estimate about a little over a half inch fell with that snow squall from late this evening (separate from the DTW squall). Hard to say though with all the blowing/drifting and the dry nature of the snow.

Grass is white again, but tips are still showing.

Here's the video from a short while ago.  Unfortunately the vid cam took forever to start actually recording after I pushed the rec button, so I missed most of the thunder following the lightning flash.  You can still hear a bit of it though at the very beginning of the vid.  The thunder was cool, but the snowfall rates from this event were much more impressive IMO.

Wow sweet video!!!

Archived