• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
The early speculation on winter 2013-14

weathafella

1. Looks like nada to maybe week +ENSO (progs with 6 month long lead)

2. Prevailing NAO is favorable.

Flags

1. PDO could help or kill a winter. Has to be in the sweet spot and who knows but I'd take + and we probably won't have that.

2. We have of run of ratters due.

My sense? Too early and I'm not getting a strong signal either way this yet.

Your thoughts?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The neutral area of ENSO certainly is hinted at by guidance at the moment, but we are early when it comes to ENSO forecasting for next year. We'll probably have a better idea heading into this summer. There is some warmer water to the west, but -PDO is killing everything heading east.

Usually by now I have some kind of signal but not now. Gun to head would be normal across the board but in 3 months there will be a wee bit less fog clouding the prog. September GOAK is a good indicator.

I'm fine with normal.  But the normal I got last year was just so damn frustrating because the hits were so close

Long ski season, sounds pretty good. I would take it in a heartbeat. I agree with Jerry, mixed signals. Lets see what this hurricane season brings.

Maybe, for me personally there is nothing worse than bitter cold and dry, I am afraid that is what we are headed for though:(

Lol...he posted it as if winter was over before several more feet fell.

Yep, apples to oranges.

We usually speculate on winter pretty early around here. Neutral ENSO would be my guess right now...but the signal usually becomes much more clear in another month or so.

Archived