Ring of Fireflies
    Newest Member
    Ring of Fireflies
March Banter Thread

Isopycnic

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Somebody will get snow. We know that a ULL will affect the SE in some way. Who, where and how much won't be conclusive until next week in my oinion.

In my experience, being just barely in the game with the ULL progged to track just south of you is a bad place to be. Not saying that last night's north trends won't just be a blip on the radar, but these things always seem to have an easier time coming a little (or a lot) north down the home stretch than south. Not throwing in the towel, but I always get nervous when the north trends start.

I'm so tired of all of these close call situations where if you fart in the wrong direction, it screws up everything.

I'm leaving for NYC tomorrow staying until the 9th. I want RDU to cash in as much as the next guy but I might be a little bias for this storm :) interesting to see it from this point of view. I find myself happy in a way at the solution of last nights euro haha

I'm leaving for NYC tomorrow staying until the 9th. I want RDU to cash in as much as the next guy but I might be a little bias for this storm :) interesting to see it from this point of view. I find myself happy in a way at the solution of last nights euro haha

I really can't say that I blame you...Have a good trip!

You dog, you are definitely going to see some snow in NYC next week, bring your snow boots.  I am not buying the models not taking this atleast somewhat up the coast.  Hopefully for our sake it bombs out over Myrtle and than hugs the coast up to you.

Good morning! Are we having fun yet? I love this hobby. ;)

Tons, when I woke up at 3am and I peeked at the Euro I was fully expecting it to be further north, but not that much further north.  I do expect the 12z Euro to track further south into SC or atleast southern NC.

For Charlotte, it was a colder than normal February.  The average temperature was 42.7 degrees, 1.2 degrees below normal. The highest temperature was 66 on the 24th and 5th. Rainfall (3.46) was .14" above normal. There was 2.7 inches of measurable snow at CLT last month. 

That's an honorable month in my opinion.  Far removed from the torch prog that mezmerized much of the board for so long.

Man, you're going to one of the greatest cities in the world.  Snow is secondary, but would be a bonus score should you get it.

I have been optimistic all winter.  I am not nearly as optimistic as Robert.  I hope he is right, and I am wrong. 

I see snow winners in the states of Kentucky, Virginia, WV, MD, etc. Maybe we can score in the southern apps from a closed cold core upper low later in the month, but at this point...................................to be honest..........................and sure......................

I am ready for spring.

I have been optimistic all winter.  I am not nearly as optimistic as Robert.  I hope he is right, and I am wrong. 

I see snow winners in the states of Kentucky, Virginia, WV, MD, etc. Maybe we can score in the southern apps from a closed cold core upper low later in the month, but at this point...................................to be honest..........................and sure......................

I am ready for spring.

I'm with you. If this doesn't work for us then bring on Spring. I'll have a few days out in Austin Tx. in the middle of the month to get me used to the warm up and beautiful weather. 

I'm with you. If this doesn't work for us then bring on Spring. I'll have a few days out in Austin Tx. in the middle of the month to get me used to the warm up and beautiful weather. 

GAH! Between you and Jon, my two favorite places are getting visited by members of this board that are NOT me.

Bastards, you are.  But in a good way.

Wxrisk.com

BY THE WAY.. there were NUMEORUS posters ( weenies ) yesterday who were on here SCREAMING AT ME that the Euro was giving to the GFS and that I was going to be wrong and that would would be NO big east coast winter storm...

I know NONE of you will come back on here and apologize but wow you guys look like MORONS today

you see it is called METEOROLOGY Not MODELOLOGY

Wxrisk.com

BY THE WAY.. there were NUMEORUS posters ( weenies ) yesterday who were on here SCREAMING AT ME that the Euro was giving to the GFS and that I was going to be wrong and that would would be NO big east coast winter storm...

I know NONE of you will come back on here and apologize but wow you guys look like MORONS today

What a jerk. That is what it was doing yesterday. It changed. And it'll probably change again. That guy has problems.

Wxrisk.com

This guy is such an ass it's not even funny.

Wxrisk.com

I really hope the Euro goes south and from here on out it stays south so we can see this from DT

cryme2rivers4.gif

If it makes you feel any better I'll be working the entire time. SXSW here I come!

If you ever get the chance to hit up Austin in September, make it a point to go during the Austin City Limits Festival.  That thing has exploded over the last 10 years and is a major musical event.  I thought it was great when I was there for the first two.  It is light years better now.

Have a good trip man. Hope you see some snow. You have about as good a chance as anybody at this point!

Archived