Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September 2015 Observation Thread

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back door front is coming into VA. Should see some heavy rain producers develop and move from NE to SW this afternoon. Be nice to feel a NE breeze as oppossed to a SW the next few days. One thing we want see this weekend is the sun.

I don't know where the front is but there are no cool temps until you get all the way into upstate NY. I guess it will be an oceanic airmass.

The outflow boundaries across the broad Triangle area look ridiculous right now - and the storms that are there are chasing the boundaries. Been a long time since we've has so many scattered showers/storms.... and even longer since we've had that NE--->SW trajectory. Interesting afternoon at the radar screen.

333 PM EDT Fri Sep 4 2015

The National Weather Service in Raleigh has issued a

* Severe Thunderstorm Warning for...
  southwestern Orange County in central North Carolina...
  Chatham County in central North Carolina...
  west central Wake County in central North Carolina...
  southern Alamance County in central North Carolina...

* until 415 PM EDT

* at 333 PM EDT...Doppler radar indicated a line of severe
  thunderstorms capable of producing quarter size hail and damaging
  winds in excess of 58 mph. These storms were located along a line
  extending from near Siler City to 7 miles west of Cary...and moving
  south at 10 mph.

* Locations impacted include...
  Cary...Pittsboro...Siler City...Morrisville...Jordan Lake state rec
  area...Crosswinds boating Center...Lake Jordan...Sutphin...
  fearrington and Seaforth boat dock.

4th 90+ day here this month. 91.4/68 = 95.7

Showers/storms are skirting us to the West... it's 11 degrees cooler in Clayton, 7 miles away. The cluster around Wilson looks like it's gonna get Smithfield to the East - also 7 miles away. We might not get anything but a gusty breeze from the outflow - and maybe some associated sprinkles, the way it looks 'right  now'. ;)

Typical sparklecity rain.  Sun out and enough to count as a trace.  Now watch it blow up as it passes me.

Edit:  There we go.  Blows up a few miles west of me.  I can see literally see the rain falling from the clouds lol.  The cells in N Spartanburg look interesting if they can continue to move south, but I'm not counting on it.

Only chance I had is going poof...surprise surprise.  Guess I'll get to spend my evening watering instead of gathering my tailgating supplies.  :axe:

I can already tell you how tomorrow will go.  It will be cloudy all day to limit any heating, therefore no rain.  We'll be lucky to get drizzle.

Edit:  Just lol.  Now a storm blows up to my east and I'm stuck in the middle.  Story of the summer here.  This will be about the 100th time this summer it's thundered and not rained.

Archived