Newest Member
    CHSVol
The Psuhoffman Storm

Ji

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

60HR Precip.:snowman:

Believe this should be the totals for the run up the coast. Could this be a Nesis3 or 4?

RGEM...came west...AGAIN

I don't know if these pics will post, but if they don't, you can go back to page 8 of the general forum and read the 06z models thread to see that by daybreak on Christmas we all thought we were getting a good snow. I didn't check the 12z thread, but I'm pretty sure that's when the Titantic hit the iceberg.

I don't know if these pics will post, but if they don't, you can go back to page 8 of the general forum and read the 06z models thread to see that by daybreak on Christmas we all thought we were getting a good snow. I didn't check the 12z thread, but I'm pretty sure that's when the Titantic hit the iceberg.

things backed off a good bit but it still looked like we'd get some. sref kept insisting we'd do OK thru dec 26.

things backed off a good bit but it still looked like we'd get some. sref kept insisting we'd do OK thru dec 26.

My memory is a little clouded by bitterness, but another thing that I remember is the RUC Christmas morning giving us measureable precip by 10 PM Christmas night for about 4 runs in a row and then on the fifth run, about 11 AM that morning, took it away, and never did show any green over my area again.

At the risk of angering dtk, I don't see how anyone can be happy with the performance of the models at this point. GFS has vacillated between an I-95 snowstorm and nothing at all for several days and NAM keeps jumping inland to OTS. How do they aid forecasters? Euro has its mojo back in terms of consistency.

i think part of it is the northern stream is too unstable/prone to having a million more shortwaves than seen from a week out. the euro will probably bail tonight if the others hold with the southeast look.

So game over if GFS holds?

not sure if it's game over but if the gfs still looks east i'd think it might be on to something. the euro has been too amplified a number of times this winter regardless of its consistency here.

Archived