joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Psuhoffman Storm

Ji

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

said that last night if you recall (either speed it up incredibly or slow it down to let things get right in Canada)

option 2 is giving us a fighting chance if nothing else

Can't remember which run it was (maybe 06Z today), but you could see an area of higher pressure kind of near the Manitoba/Ontario border - sneaking in behind the departing high. Since then, I've been on the lookout for something similar nosing in to help keep any cold in.

At the risk of angering dtk, I don't see how anyone can be happy with the performance of the models at this point. GFS has vacillated between an I-95 snowstorm and nothing at all for several days and NAM keeps jumping inland to OTS. How do they aid forecasters? Euro has its mojo back in terms of consistency.

No anger...I'm watching the same things you are. Also, the Euro has been consistent before (to a fault)....which isn't always a good thing [it can lead to a false sense of confidence]. We still don't know how this is going to play out.

Again with the elongated low at 60hrs... that reminds me of DEC26.

it's further south than last run but looks like it will be just too late for us... these jumps have been unforgiving this yr

Archived