Newest Member
    joxey
Post Turkey Day Storm Threat

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Christ

rev its still to close to give up yet...not givin up for friday until tue midnite run.... a little cooler trend and your good...and long range too far to lock in.

yesterday at 8 am everyone said to give up on friday storm then the euro rolled in after a sermon you gave and had people giddy that there was a shot friday......it's not over yet.

rev its still to close to give up yet...not givin up for friday until tue midnite run.... a little cooler trend and your good...and long range too far to lock in.

yesterday at 8 am everyone said to give up on friday storm then the euro rolled in after a sermon you gave and had people giddy that there was a shot friday......it's not over yet.

You still have hope for the Friday event? Don't you live in Framingham? Dude...this is all rain for us save for a couple sleet pellets.

You still have hope for the Friday event? Don't you live in Framingham? Dude...this is all rain for us save for a couple sleet pellets.

well 1. i don't care so much as for IMBY friday....i don't think i have much of a shot i acknowledge that.

2. i was going to opening day wachusett and see if they are open.....should it not torch-rain.

3. we are still 4 days away in a pattern that has not shown consistency and could bounce back to at least something as favorable (or more) as 12z euro yesterday showed. Is this 50% no not IMO....but probably 1 outta 4 that one of the next runs shows a decent friday set up for NW MA/ N ORH county. no reason to give up now.

well 1. i don't care so much as for IMBY friday....i don't think i have much of a shot i acknowledge that.

2. i was going to opening day wachusett and see if they are open.....should it not torch-rain.

3. we are still 4 days away in a pattern that has not shown consistency and could bounce back to at least something as favorable (or more) as 12z euro yesterday showed. Is this 50% no not IMO....but probably 1 outta 4 that one of the next runs shows a decent friday set up for NW MA/ N ORH county. no reason to give up now.

I think that is reasonable....1\4 shot of some front end ice.

Bozman, MT

This Afternoon: Snow. High near 9. Wind chill values as low as -18. West wind between 6 and 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.

Tonight: Snow. Low around -6. Wind chill values as low as -18. West wind 8 to 15 mph becoming south. Winds could gust as high as 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.

Tuesday: Snow. Temperature falling to around -2 by 3pm. Wind chill values as low as -16. Southeast wind 5 to 11 mph becoming north northwest. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.

Tuesday Night: Snow likely, mainly before 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -10. West northwest wind around 6 mph becoming calm. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.

Who on the AmericanWX forum would have this as their forecast and somehow get pinging? lol

Meanwhile, back on the ranch, brighteniing skies cancel. Dark, dank, vis again under 300'. Temp spiking though. 40.4/39.

An endless wheel of weenieism based on unreasonable expectations in a time where significant or even all frozen storms would be unseasonable!!!!!! Come on, be hopeful for a rare good early season snow but don't become stage 5 snowstorm clinger weenie.

it's not that, for me anyway... It's that these favorable patterns always appear 10 days out. Then, they get pushed back and we say "oh, look 10 days out looks pretty good, but I'd like to see that <200 hrs away" and it keeps happening. It just scares me that these good patterns show themselves, then disappear when the models come into their more accurate ranges. I don't care if it's late November or January, that's not good to see.

I don't even start looking at model runs until December 1st at the earliest.

The chances (or lack thereof) of something significant happening in late November is not worth my time and effort.

In a few weeks, I guarantee the tone around here will change for the better. It's only November folks!

with all respect your on the south coast. ....your shots start at least a week after most along the 95/495 belt..... mike and pete and will /dave/kev to a lesser degree are in the game this time of year IMO.

One or 2, that's all. Most of us like to play the part. Drums up a little site traffic.:snowman:

Christmas time is looking sweet for Bridgton, imo.

Eh over the past couple of weeks its been more then that but its NBD. I just feel like sometimes people need to be reminded to stay calm lol.

And it doesn't do much for me if Bridgton is looking sweet for XMas :( , I'll be home from mid december to mid january for winter break. Oh well!

I want to lead the list for:

"I can't wait until winter begins". That's what I've been bitching about.

Haha :lol:

Archived