northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
NYC Jan 11-12 Regional Obs Thread

jm1220

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

True, either way this is already proven to be highly dynamical in nature.

Any ideas on where the deform sets up?

Not totally sure... it won't be a quasistationary band this time due to the rapid motion - hopefully, the RUC was onto something. KNYC looks to be overperforming already and that will propagate up this way plus we will have longer duration that areas to the S and W of NYC (obviously)... then we continue with light-mod snows as low bombs out and backbuilds ... gonna be a fun overnight... I'm already past 3"!

I just took a snowboard measurement as of 1AM and came up with 3.2" in Jersey City, NJ. Once again, I'm mysteriously coming up with lower totals than people around me. yikes.png

How many people here are actually using a snowboard? I have been very careful to measure on the snowboard in an area that doesn't appear to have too much roof drift (some areas are clearly being boosted by roofs right now).

Not totally sure... it won't be a quasistationary band this time due to the rapid motion - hopefully, the RUC was onto something. KNYC looks to be overperforming already and that will propagate up this way plus we will have longer duration that areas to the S and W of NYC (obviously)... then we continue with light-mod snows as low bombs out and backbuilds ... gonna be a fun overnight... I'm already past 3"!

Ok, appreciate the thoughts! I'm already over 3" as well with heavy snow for the time being. Big difference between this storm and 12/26: no strong winds, the winds on 12/26 kept ratios low, much better snow growth now Snowman.gif

Virtually Whiteout here. Whiteout conditions twice in less than 2 and a half weeks, wow, just wow.

Measured at 11:50PM here in C NJ (Hillsborough) and had 3.25". Measured at 12:50AM and had 5". Simple math = 1.75"/hr. Still snowing at same heavy rate.

Archived