joxey
Inverted Trough/ Redeveloper Disco Jan 7-9 - Part III

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lots of detailed head work. Nice.

--

can see the race to the south. Precip moving east as well as north. Note where they intersected recently. At some point the precip moving north will stop that motion and will get pulled east. Where that occurs?

http://radar.weather...id=okx&loop=yes

Can't take credit. We stumbled on it walking the dog in the woods today. Nice that those pics and woods are within the Boston city limits.

Take a look at the 20z too, started to depart from earlier guidance.

18z NAM/GFS aren't going to cut if right for a moderate event/warning event.

18z RGEM shifted SE too.

Nowcast time I know, but....

This has been happening forever for snow lovers who live on the South Coast who are teased by these Nantucket Nippers that often exit stage right at the eleventh hour. I remember so many times growing up during the '80s watching John Ghiorse bust with these types of storms and dramatically dropping snow totals at 11 o'clock.

This has been happening forever for snow lovers who live on the South Coast who are teased by these Nantucket Nippers that often exit stage right at the eleventh hour. I remember so many times growing up during the '80s watching John Ghiorse bust with these types of storms and dramatically dropping snow totals at 11 o'clock.

well i don't know how much room there is for this to turn north

messenger alluded to a race down south...with radar echos and it seems the west stuff has caught the east stuff so the n movement may be ending?

i remember john ghiorse ....wasn't one of my fav's.......man too bad art lake wasn't still on....i swear i saw a flask in his jacket pocket.

snowing nicely in times square per web cams

Would be nice to get some light snow showers tonight to go along with friends, pit, and a Jets victory!

overcast

winds calm

Alex Flanagan on NBC talking about a needle being inserted into someone's glute. :whistle:

Sorry, I went sexual again.

Upton still calling for 3" to 5" here. We'll see.

The thing is the 18z NAM/GFS seem to be a little out to lunch in terms of placing too much focus way east. But they all seem to be handling the best axis for precip which is already shifting ENE on the whole. The hope would be that the low gets a little stronger and is able to wrap precip a little further NW which helps even along the trough.

But when you look at the wetter earlier models they already had measurable (NAM) pretty much everywhere in SNE by 0z tonight. Radar is going to have to really light up.

The OES component should be good regardless. The rest we just have to wait and see. It's going to have to start pulling together soon though.

well i don't know how much room there is for this to turn north

messenger alluded to a race down south...with radar echos and it seems the west stuff has caught the east stuff so the n movement may be ending?

i remember john ghiorse ....wasn't one of my fav's.......man too bad art lake wasn't still on....i swear i saw a flask in his jacket pocket.

He was a great forecaster overall though. I liked his daytime counterpart too, Steve something or other.

--

Edit you can see just south of LI precip is drying west to east but at the same time wants to point towards Will/Kev/Bob. I can see where models got this 90 degree angle to QPF structure later.

http://radar.weather...id=okx&loop=yes

He was a great forecaster overall though. I liked his daytime counterpart too, Steve something or other.

--

Edit you can see just south of LI precip is drying west to east but at the same time wants to point towards Will/Kev/Bob. I can see where models got this 90 degree angle to QPF structure later.

Steve Cascione, went to URI with him

Archived