joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Inverted Trough/ Redeveloper Disco Jan 7-9 - Part III

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ghiorse's counterpart for years at Channel 6 PVD was a guy named Steve Cascione who does weekends at the same affiliate after working at Channel 12 PVD for a few years. Messenger, I've asked you this before but I forgot your answer. Do you get any PVD stations in Plymouth? Ginx, do you get all the PVD and Hartford/New Haven stations in NE CT?

I don't get any Boston stations in Newport. ETaunton, do you get all the PVD stations in Taunton? Reason I ask this.... the PVD CBS affiliate has been trying to get WBZ4 removed from some SE MA cable systems which is insane, but local network affiliates have been getting yanked off cable systems for years now.

Really? I though my mom in Jamestown, RI still got a Boston station or 2... I will have to ask her.

Yep, they ended the program in 78. I was up there watching the Difax come in, he said go home. I did then went back two days later for the wildest closed week at a college in history. The Pub, yes we had a bar on campus kids, 18 legal age, has three dollar all you can drink. I ended up nine months later with a newborn, all good. Go Rhody.

:lol::pepsi:

Man this storm is impressive on Infrared satellite imagery. Impressive cold cloud tops, makes you wonder how we won't get some impressive snows tonight. Also it appears the fish over the south coastal waters are enjoying a major snowstorm, impressive bands.

Staggering that this isnt producing a nice snowstorm but we've had two systems prior....

http://www.rap.ucar.edu/weather/satellite/displaySat.php?region=ALB&itype=wv&size=large&endDate=20110108&endTime=-1&duration=5

We're just starting to see the rotation begin now in the last few frames.

http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?rid=BOX&product=N0R&overlay=11101111&loop=yes

Ghiorse's counterpart for years at Channel 6 PVD was a guy named Steve Cascione who does weekends at the same affiliate after working at Channel 12 PVD for a few years. Messenger, I've asked you this before but I forgot your answer. Do you get any PVD stations in Plymouth? Ginx, do you get all the PVD and Hartford/New Haven stations in NE CT?

I don't get any Boston stations in Newport. ETaunton, do you get all the PVD stations in Taunton? Reason I ask this.... the PVD CBS affiliate has been trying to get WBZ4 removed from some SE MA cable systems which is insane, but local network affiliates have been getting yanked off cable systems for years now.

I get all PVD stations with DirecTV.

Not snowing yet in niantic.

Yeah it's not snowing everywhere in eastern CT. No station has reported snow yet, and there's not a whole lot on radar north of Norwich. Most of the echoes in southern New London County are between 2 and 6 dbZ with a few 10 dbZ echoes around KGON where visibility has dropped to 7 miles.

Burbank from Ch WBZ really thinks its not gonna be a big deal tonight with current coastal... he may have a valid point as its a quick mover.. Burbank indicated that he doubts the current snowfall totals and the NWS current advisory or warning for CC....NEXT WEEKS EVENT.. MUCH BIGGER..GULF COAST BRED...moisture loaded... future model runs and discussions should be juicy!

Burbank from Ch WBZ really thinks its not gonna be a big deal tonight with current coastal... he may have a valid point as its a quick mover.. Burbank indicated that he doubts the current snowfall totals and the NWS current advisory or warning for CC....NEXT WEEKS EVENT.. MUCH BIGGER..GULF COAST BRED...moisture loaded... future model runs and discussions should be juicy!

Sorry typo...WBZ Channel 4...my bad

Really? I though my mom in Jamestown, RI still got a Boston station or 2... I will have to ask her.

Jamestown is 5 miles from me in Newport and I don't get any Boston stations. COX cable puts the Channel 7 10 pm broadcast which runs on Channel 56 but COX frequently preempts this broadcast for college sporting events.

No flakes yet. Sometimes you just can't win in extreme Southern New England when it comes to snow. Either it's too warm and raining down here or you're just a wee bit too far north and the fish get dumped on. This event is certainly a cliffhanger but I've seen this movie play all too many times to get excited about this forecast verifying.

Archived