• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/7/11 0z Model Run

I think this run is close to the upper limit of what we can get. We still could get less if the 500h ends up being weaker.

i like this run.. i agree this seems like it would be about our best bet. i want to believe in the 0/6z gfs but i cant.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

pretty strong slp over TX thanks to the N vort

hmm...

Writing on the wall for a 5-10 in. snow event RIC up to BOS. Nothing more; Nothing less.

I don't get the "upper limit" claim. This is the same time frame that the most NWP havoc struck during the most recent debacle. Who is not to same that a similiar situation does not develope. I'm at a loss of words for anyone has much faith in modelling this winter thus far.

The models are moving the major pieces hundreds of miles between runs. We are way too far away to worry about temps. This "taken verbatim" stuff is nonsensical.

In the last two winters, temperatures have NOT been an issue with the blocking in place for the I-95. I suspect that we will have a continuation of this tendency. I think a mix between the GEM and GFS tonight is the likely scenario. As said before the GEM 5-10 in. dump RIC to BOS. Maybe a pocket of 10-14 in. somwhere.

In the last two winters, temperatures have NOT been an issue with the blocking in place for the I-95. I suspect that we will have a continuation of this tendency. I think a mix between the GEM and GFS tonight is the likely scenario. As said before the GEM 5-10 in. dump RIC to BOS. Maybe a pocket of 10-14 in. somwhere.

nothing personal, but with that statement I'd swear you were a well respected met working out of State College, PA

you don;t have to answer, just sayin' :unsure:

Ahh OK, but that does really sounds like jb's ideas on the storm

Yea, I saw in Ji's post abou JB's forecast. After tonigh's GEM, I would not be surprised that the Euro comes around. The Euro had the system today, albeit, 200 miles further east. It always seems like the GEM can give hints at what the 00z Euro will show and tonight may be just another example.

We call you the NOGAPS King in the MA forum. I try to defend you but it is hard. :)

I once said it was a red flag when the nogaps showed a far NW solution inside of 72-84 hours (and for a couple runs, not just one)....but weenies started using it at like 144 hours on an 18z run. Might as well use a dart board at that range. :lol:

I once said it was a red flag when the nogaps showed a far NW solution inside of 72-84 hours (and for a couple runs, not just one)....but weenies started using it at like 144 hours on an 18z run. Might as well use a dart board at that range. :lol:

I still remember in the late 1990's, we used the NOGAPS quite religiously as it was one of the only med. range models that we had easy access to. At that time, Eta went out to 60 HR; AVN went out to 120 or 144 hours; UK went out to 72 HR, MRF was useless and ran once in the AM I believe, and of course, the Euro ran once at night. I don't know how we did it back then. It was less stressful with all of the intermediate runs and it seemed like we saw less major shifts between runs too.

I still remember in the late 1990's, we used the NOGAPS quite religiously as it was one of the only med. range models that we had easy access to. At that time, Eta went out to 60 HR; AVN went out to 120 or 144 hours; UK went out to 72 HR, MRF was useless and ran once in the AM I believe, and of course, the Euro ran once at night. I don't know how we did it back then. It was less stressful with all of the intermediate runs and it seemed like we saw less major shifts between runs too.

I remember those days too...actually the AVN only went out to 72h back then. The MRF took over after 72h, lol (how scary is that?) ETA went out to 48h until it upgraded to 60h in 2000 I think it was. I remember the ETA upgrade because it was a huge deal it now went past 48h unlike the NGM model which stopped at 48h.

im rooting for the euro big time tonight

I know most in here are looking at the D5 threat, but if anyone in here is interested in NE....there has been a developing trend on the models tonight to potentially hit the area hard on Saturday.

Archived