Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
NYC/PHL January 7-9 Potential Part I

earthlight

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is why people should not be making calls on model runs either A) before they are completed or B ) when they have no clue what they are talking about...unless they are a met or someone that has proven to be reliable. Sounds like this one is right where we want it to be this far out..let's hope the Euro holds serve.

it jumped in the direction of the euro. 8 more sounding runs to go :arrowhead:

Maybe 9 or 10 if it slows. DeJa Vu here. Just like last year where we seemingly had a threat to track each week. Hopefully the threats materializes for us again and are we not chasing the Dec 19th cousin with this one.

SNE

http://www.nco.ncep.noaa.gov/pmb/nwprod/analysis/namer/gfs/12/images/gfs_p60_156l.gif

Guest Patrick

So in effect, Chris, it looks like the coastal/cutter zipper continues...

Were losing oue 50/50 low pretty quick by 180hrs and I think the following storm will cut inland on this run..But wow at that setup aloft for the first storm. Huge trend towards the 00z euro continued from 6z gfs

it jumped in the direction of the euro. 8 more sounding runs to go :arrowhead:

I am officially ecstatic that you're interested in this threat. You're 3 for 3 in my book so far this winter. You immediately dismissed the first two threats long before anyone else on this site, and you remained steadfast last weekend even after that 0z Euro sent a few of our esteemed posters off their respective cliffs. Stay gold, Forky!

Were losing oue 50/50 low pretty quick by 180hrs and I think the following storm will cut inland on this run..But wow at that setup aloft for the first storm. Huge trend towards the 00z euro continued from 6z gfs

There is still plenty of blocking in Canada, and the 500mb flow is NW over our area at 180...looks kind of like a pseudo-split flow. Remember how for the 2/6 storm, there was very defined area of where the SW flow "met" the NW flow at 500mb? The 500mb depiction at 180 hours kind of reminds me of that--you get a well defined area like that because of the pseudo-split-flow. Obviously, this is a Nina, and there is a lot less gulf moisture, but today's GFS prog still brought 2/6 memories aloft, only this time it appears that the confluence is slightly further north.

There is still plenty of blocking in Canada, and the 500mb flow is NW over our area at 180...looks kind of like a pseudo-split flow. Remember how for the 2/6 storm, there was very defined area of where the SW flow "met" the NW flow at 500mb? The 500mb depiction at 180 hours kind of reminds me of that--you get a well defined area like that because of the pseudo-split-flow. Obviously, this is a Nina, and there is a lot less gulf moisture, but today's GFS prog still brought 2/6 memories aloft, only this time it appears that the confluence is slightly further north.

Well what do ya know, the storm pulls a mini 2/6 this run...lol.

I am officially ecstatic that you're interested in this threat. You're 3 for 3 in my book so far this winter. You immediately dismissed the first two threats long before anyone else on this site, and you remained steadfast last weekend even after that 0z Euro sent a few of our esteemed posters off their respective cliffs. Stay gold, Forky!

Haha that's exactly what i was thinking. When forky gets excited, you know the threat is legit. I remember forky saying stick a fork in it for the first threat and he was dead on.

Anyways, this pattern coming up is just a dream pattern for any snow lover on the east coast. Just amazing at how much potential there is.

Yeah i was way off looking at a localized US 500mb view on storm vista. I saw interaction with energy in montana and it was closed off almost taking on a negative tilt so that's why I thought that for a second..

That's excellent news as I can't really see the images as a whole on my iPhone. But 0z euro gives 1.5" qpf so if it's moving that way I'm excited!

Archived