• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
NYC/PHL January 7-9 Potential Part I

earthlight

Having the PV come down that far off of NC is a pipedream. It needs to keep being reiterated that if the clipper pops a coastal off of NJ then everybody south of Trenton will see maybe some minor accumulation at best. This weekend is a NYC and north threat really.

to my understanding.......that is pretty much how DT is thinking about the upcoming 2 storms too

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having the PV come down that far off of NC is a pipedream. It needs to keep being reiterated that if the clipper pops a coastal off of NJ then everybody south of Trenton will see maybe some minor accumulation at best. This weekend is a NYC and north threat really.

The Euro phases into it a southern piece of energy, which provides a means for the PV lobe to dive SE like it does and phase. The GFS doesn't have this southern piece at all, and the NAM seems to have it to a degree. I think that could be important for us and you guys as well, since it would definitely pull the system down and cause it to form further south than if there was no southern feature at all like the GFS. But I don't think any one solution can be discounted right now given the variance and volatility of the pattern. The more ridging in Canada the better, the more consolidated the energy diving through the PV the better, the more of a southern feature there is the better. Luckily though there seems to be several ways to at least salvage a decent event for this area (maybe down to you). Baltimore south really does need a perfect scenario for them to see anything appreciable.

Nobody in the PHL area cares about possible accumulating snowfall for NY this Friday......most people down here are concerned about the non-Miller B threat.

I did not know you spoke for the masses...perhaps you should come back when you feel a threat is possible for phl....because right now ur just saying the same thing...over and over

Nobody in the PHL area cares about possible accumulating snowfall for NY this Friday......most people down here are concerned about the non-Miller B threat.

Speak for yourself. When did you become the spokesperson for everyone in the Philly area? And why be concerned about a threat that is 10 days out?

cool, I Guess i wont read this thread till next week since you can read the future without looking at model runs, i mean you gave great meteorological evidence of why its not possible

Speak for yourself. When did you become the spokesperson for everyone in the Philly area? And why be concerned about a threat that is 10 days out?

His post is literally the phrase of a genuine weenie. Lets skip the potential that is within the mid range and go right to the fantasy solution in the long range. Just hilarious. All you can do is laugh.

Yeah, i'd say bluehens is about to get his very own 5 day post limit. From behalf the philly crew, we apologize. At least Ji is funny when he says stuff like that.

I think the thread works out ust fine with PHilly/NYC included. Granted, you guys took over last storm, but rightly so. Good bunch of people in here, Ams and Pro's alike. Lets keep the good disco going and ignore the skitzos....

6z Gfs keeps this a NYC north special for the clipper. PV stays north.

Guest Patrick

12z rolling now...

out to 54

http://www.meteo.psu.edu/~gadomski/AVN_12z/avnloopnew.html

Yeah, i'd say bluehens is about to get his very own 5 day post limit. From behalf the philly crew, we apologize. At least Ji is funny when he says stuff like that.

I think the thread works out ust fine with PHilly/NYC included. Granted, you guys took over last storm, but rightly so. Good bunch of people in here, Ams and Pro's alike. Lets keep the good disco going and ignore the skitzos....

6z Gfs keeps this a NYC north special for the clipper. PV stays north.

Yep...Philly only gets hit with a significant snow 75% of the time with Miller B's....just move on folks the Blue Hen has spoken!

Agreed. 12z gfs rolling out to 54 and no major dfferences from 06z yet

This year the Euro has been digging systems too far south or the dc area would have had 3 major snowstorms this year already. It would take perfect phasing for the euro to be right. I'm not discounting the chances of a storm but think the euro is wrong in how far south it digs the 500 energy and therefore how far south it forms and bombs out the low.

However, I am getting increasingly optimistic that we'll see something around the middle of the month. 60% of the D+11 analogs now show dates of storms that produced 1 inch or more within the 5 day window of the centered mean (jan 14). That's an usually high percentage. The limo average is about 21 percent of the years produce a one inch snowfall between Jan 12-jan 16.

My thinking also, plus the euro seems to like jazzing up systems along the coast this year. The analogs only showed one 4 inch or more storms in the dc area. Not sure what happened further north. Still the nao is getting to be in a good place and the model is showing a 50 50 low developing with the convoluted clipper so the pattern does look interesting. I'm not yet willing to jump on the euro second storm either but think it has a better chance than the 1st for down here.

at 87, the pv is between hudson bay and the lakes, on the eastern periphery. Doesn't seem like it wants to dig south on this, so i doubt we get another 0z euro solution..90. its sitting over the same spot and not digging.

Archived