• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
NYC/PHL January 7-9 Potential Part I

earthlight

Seeing such drastic shifts from run to run just shows the volatility of such a pattern with so many players. From a PV dip so far south to a robust clipper/inverted trough feature signals towards how a HIgh Impact and Low Impact event are still on the table, especially the 12z GFS run moving towards last night's 0z Euro run.

Yeah, its hilarious seeing people trying to microanalyze runs that we all know have an extremely low probability of verifying-- its almost like shooting fish in the barrel. Chances are one will verify but it's anyone's guess which one at this point in time.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i see a huge trough over the east with a storm off Hatteras :arrowhead:

Yeah, my fault, looked at surface and saw a broad area 1016 of the coast... My fault :axe: then looked at the h5 and saw it was in response to that trough digging in.

Just to clarify

1st storm = Clipper/inverted trough at hr 120

2nd = OTS at hr 162

3rd storm = Big hit at around hr 210

this is all going change by 00z, the pattern is so fragile..I think all the possible solutions are being thrown at us right now

Just to clarify

2nd = OTS at hr 162

this is all going change by 00z, the pattern is so fragile..I think all the possible solutions are being thrown at us right now

Thanks!

SLPs are >1055mb in WY and there is a Nor'easter crushing Jersey at 216 in the Euro. This is the most winter run I've ever seen. I'm laughing at my desk.

You werent here for last night's run were you? That was a marathon too lol.

And I thought you were a tropical wx guy, but I guess this kind of pattern is like our own version of the 2005 tropical season in terms of tracking storms and potential storms.

Just to clarify

2nd = OTS at hr 162

Yeah, and it seems #2 that was interesting people the most since they thought #1 was low likelihood. Looks like #3 is a new introduction lol.

The thing to take from this is although any individual storm is a low likelihood, the fact that we see so much potential on the table makes it increasingly more likely that at least one of them should work out.

Yeah, and it seems #2 that was interesting people the most since they thought #1 was low likelihood. Looks like #3 is a new introduction lol.

The thing to take from this is although any individual storm is a low likelihood, the fact that we see so much potential on the table makes it increasingly more likely that at least one of them should work out.

yeah agree, pattern is ripe for multiple snow threats, but expect major waffling on the models over the next few days...:snowman:

yeah agree, pattern is ripe for multiple snow threats, but expect major waffling on the models over the next few days...:snowman:

Gotta say, 23" in the bank, multiple snow threats on the horizon, only early Jan, no end in sight for the general pattern, chance of keeping snow cover for a long time since Dec 26th....Im liking this winter so far...

Archived