• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
NYC/PHL Dec 26-27 Boxing Day Blizzard Part 9

NickD2011

Thanks man! I have around the same I am in Montclair.

Keep the posts ups and updates.

Yeah I am only a few hundred feet from the Montclair border on the Watchung Mountains, so I prolly have about 600 feet of elevation or so. The whole county looks to be in that heavy band now!I can barely see my neighbor's house right now, and they have candles in the window...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just took a drive with a friend on Ocean Ave in by the shore in Monmouth (Deal/Asbury area). Absolutely stunning snowfall rates with visibilities nearly 0. The wind whipping in right off the ocean makes it so much more intense. Glad I was able to make it back safe.

look at whats going on over the ocean. i promise we all get into heavy banding again tonight.

This is likely to start translating east again later tonight once the low starts to head NE toward Cape Cod. Eastern Long Island should catch up once that happens. 12, maybe 15"+ still probably a lock for you guys.

This is likely to start translating east again later tonight once the low starts to head NE toward Cape Cod. Eastern Long Island should catch up once that happens. 12, maybe 15"+ still probably a lock for you guys.

So hopefully we'll get in on that again. I mean, its not too shabby right now lol.

Yeah I am only a few hundred feet from the Montclair border on the Watchung Mountains, so I prolly have about 600 feet of elevation or so. The whole county looks to be in that heavy band now!I can barely see my neighbor's house right now, and they have candles in the window...

Same thing here buddy. My next door has windows and I can't barely make them out. Its quite stunning.

Let me know what is your total because it would be nice to see if they match up equally.

yea I agree. we have been snowing fairly heavy anyway here. i think places port jefferson on east have some catching up to do. we are getting nailed right now, vis easily under a 1/4 mile maybe under 1/8th.

It sucks being so close to the heavy bands and waiting for them to come west, wondering when/if they ever will. We have just under an inch in Allentown and it appears to have stopped snowing.

We have around an inch on the ground and its light-moderate. It stinks, 20 miles to our east and they're getting over a foot and a half lol. Like I said in the other thread, the tight precip gradients are purely astonishing.

Still cant see anything outside and windows are being pounded lol-- maybe its backbuilding.

It's beautiful out there.I estimate the winds to be gusting to around 45 mph out there with the heavy snow.

The snow pellets stopped here when the brightest reflectivities passed to the west.

yea I agree. we have been snowing fairly heavy anyway here. i think places port jefferson on east have some catching up to do. we are getting nailed right now, vis easily under a 1/4 mile maybe under 1/8th.

Its snowing heavily even if the radar doesnt show it-- I think the bright banding was just the snow pellets. It sounds crazy but maybe ALL of the Island can get 20 inches plus.... well except for the south fork lol.

Thundersnow and lightening strike Manhattan eastside

reporter on channel 7 just reported thunder in midtown...

HUGE FLASH OF LIGHTNING AND CRACK OF THUNDER!!! AHhhhhh!

WOW! Loud thunder clap live on Ch. 7 in Manhattan

I was just watching this web camera and heard thunder snow in new york city :DDD http://www.earthcam....rk/timessquare/

lol you guys-- like synchronized swimmers :P

Archived