• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
NYC/PHL Dec 26-27 Boxing Day Blizzard Part 9

NickD2011

In Westbury and was just outside and almost zero visibility but noticed snow pellets. Is this sleet or some formation of snow? See it bouncing off my car. This is one hell of a band.

Wow, so you dont have to be near the water to get this-- its just a function of the intensity of the band.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does not appear as though the immediate PHL area will see snowfall rates any higher than what has fallen already. The banding is just not reaching this far west with any real intensity. But these rates should keep up for several hours still and allow for another 3-6" I should think.

Absolutely nuts as far as deformation goes. The frontogenic forcing is going through the roof right now. Absolutely unreal display of dynamics. Areas in NE NJ/NYC/Western LI are going to see thundersnow and blizzard conditions for the next few hours. It's only a matter of time before there's thunder in this band.

RAD_KDIX_N0R_ANI.gif

Starting to get a little love in northern DE / Chester, CO PA.... Emphasis on "little" though....

Does not appear as though the immediate PHL area will see snowfall rates any higher than what has fallen already. The banding is just not reaching this far west with any real intensity. But these rates should keep up for several hours still and allow for another 3-6" I should think.

Im a little surprised they canceled Eagles gm but I guess they had to make a decision before storm really got going..

Richmond, Kings, Manhattan, Union, Essex, Hudson, Bergen counties..and axis south and north of there..sitting underneath an absolutely epic band right now. All time stuff. Enjoy this!!

Yes sir. I was just outside, it is unreal, like Feb 2006 with the winds! :snowman:

That would give us a solid 6-10" snowfall. Not too shabby.

Archived